• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamps

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT group registered all of our Adobe licenses in one master account. Each user has their, own unique license. For years, we've each been able to use the dynamic stamps with our own name showing without an issue. Recently, we migrated to the cloud and all got new computers. Now, the names on the stamps change all the time. For example, if I used a stamp with my name on it, when someone else opens Acrobat on their machine, which has a different license, my name shows up so they have to change the name to their own by editing their identity. Is there a way to stop the names from continually changing? I have tried to set the properties to default, but that did not help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install the stamp file, make sure that it is read-only, so that nobody can change it. That should take care of the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl, can you please tell me how to make it read-only? The stamps we are using weren't installed since they are the default that comes with the softare (had your name and is date and time stamped for our auditors). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would do that on the operating system level: When you are on Windows, the stamps are installed in (the actual path depends on the operating system version and the Acrobat version) e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat <Acrobat version>\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps\ENU - right click on a file, select Properties, then Security, and then remove write access for everybody. That should prevent people from modifying these stamps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not work. While people aren't modifying the stamps I have already place on a document, I have to change the identity back into my name every time I go to place a new stamp. Changing it to write only and removing write access is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's take a step back: Are you on Windows or on a Mac? Does everybody use their own computer, or is this a shared computer? If it's the same computer, is everybody using their own user account? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone is on their own computer, using Windows. Everyone has their own license but every license is registered under the same organization account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following: Bring up Acrobat's Preferences, then go to "Adobe Online Services" and uncheck "Sync preferences across devices and document services". 

When you look at the top of that preference panel, is the Adobe ID you see listed your own, or the one for your organization? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just unchecked it. The organization ID and my ID is actually the same because our IT group started registering everything under my predecessor's name years ago and then the account was switched over to my name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a difference in behavior now that this setting is unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the delayed reply. I wanted to see if any users had problems before I responded that it worked. Your solution seems to have resolved the problem (thank you!). We do, however, have one user who said she is unable to uncheck the box because it is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd... I would avoid digging through the registry to figure out where that setting is stored, and just try an uninstall, run Adobe Cleaner (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) and then re-install to see if that fixed it. It's possible that something in Acrobat's configuration got corrupted, and the Cleaner should be able to fix that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

This might not the right place to post my question, but it seems you probably know the answer. So here goes.

I send a file to approvers using "send comments via email" option. When they receive the email, they open the file, then place a green "approved" stamp on the document, which shows their names, dates and times. However, we found out the approvers can edit the identy of the stamp, so they can change the name on the stamp to be someone else. There is even a way to change the property of the comment to it shows the same someone else made the comment. 

Is there anyway for me as the ower of the file to prevent those approvers to edit the identity of the stamp and change the property of the comment? 

I'm looking for a secure way to obtain approvals, and would like to use the stamp function, not the digital signatures. 

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct, this is not the right place to post a new question that is unrelated to the thread you've attached it to. Please post a new question with a meaningful subject and your chances of getting help are much higher. To do so, click on "Acrobat" at the top of this page, and then click on the "Post" button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines