• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic text

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make dialog box to have dynamic text that update depending on field value? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Depending on what you actually want this can be really simple or complicated.
If you just want part of the text in dialog box to change depending on another field value,
make hidden textfield and put calculate code in it to change text depending on that other field value.
Then where you have dialog box code (before code) make variable that point to hidden field that have text that you want,
then where you normaly put text in dialog box just add variable name and thats it.
example: {type: "static_text

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if that text is part of an editable text field. You can't update the static text in a dialog once it's displayed.

You can close that dialog and then re-open it and display the new text, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I need. I have some basic knowledge on dialog box and javascript, can you give me some advice what to look for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which option do you want to implement? This is quite a complex task, especially closing and then re-opening the dialog object, without losing all the data already entered into it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be just some info text with ok cancel buttons, but part of the text need to be updated depending on value in another field. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what you actually want this can be really simple or complicated.
If you just want part of the text in dialog box to change depending on another field value,
make hidden textfield and put calculate code in it to change text depending on that other field value.
Then where you have dialog box code (before code) make variable that point to hidden field that have text that you want,
then where you normaly put text in dialog box just add variable name and thats it.
example: {type: "static_text", name: "Here goes your text"+variable name,},
Also if you use same button to change textfield value make sure to put that code before dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I tested it and it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Only if that text is part of an editable text field."

How would I do that? I want to have open dialog box with button to change textfield value and field inside dialog to update  text while still open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a problem when I tried to convert 1 PDF file to excel, and the result showing

Ha24499505jr9t_0-1652861294444.png

not in numbers. How to shoot the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with the question you posted under. Create a new thread, and provide the full details of your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines