Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-mail button in the form

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

Maybe someone can help me with this. I´ve created a form and wanted to set up an e-mail button in the form, which opens the e-mail address and the form with attachment as an e-mail as soon as you click on it. Is that possible?

It is also possible to edit buttons or text fields so that they have to be filled in before they can be sent?

Thanks you in advance!
TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Yes, Look at the list of actions on the properties dialog for the button. There's a submit form action. For the URL on this action use the URL format "mailto:name@something.com"

Set any field you want filled in to "Required", also on the properties dialog.

Here's an Acrobat XI tuturial on setting the field properties, there are some UI differences between this and Acrobat DC, but not much:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/FreeStuff/AcroForm_Create/AcroForms_Part2i_FieldPropsDlg_mp4.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Look at the list of actions on the properties dialog for the button. There's a submit form action. For the URL on this action use the URL format "mailto:name@something.com"

Set any field you want filled in to "Required", also on the properties dialog.

Here's an Acrobat XI tuturial on setting the field properties, there are some UI differences between this and Acrobat DC, but not much:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/FreeStuff/AcroForm_Create/AcroForms_Part2i_FieldPropsDlg_mp4.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently created a form utilizing this feature. Unfortunately, there are some users who are reporting that they have completed and submitted the form, but I am not receiving the email. However, I am receiving others without any problems. Is this limited based on how/what software the are using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are using non-Adobe applications to fill in the file it's likely that it won't work at all. Ask them for specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer! Just what I wanted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know whether you can get this to open into Outlook for IOS rather than only the default IOS mail app?

At the moment it seems like only the IOS mail app is available.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines