New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I hope you can help me

I have created a form and have added e-signature fields

One of them has as an action to lock the form for editing once signed

However, one of the users has reported earlier today that cannot sign as the form has been locked- although the final user (which is HR representative) has not signed the document yet (and HR user's signature should have triggered the lock of the form.)

Any assistance would be highly appreciated

Thank you

Yiannis

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

E-sign - formed locked

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I hope you can help me

I have created a form and have added e-signature fields

One of them has as an action to lock the form for editing once signed

However, one of the users has reported earlier today that cannot sign as the form has been locked- although the final user (which is HR representative) has not signed the document yet (and HR user's signature should have triggered the lock of the form.)

Any assistance would be highly appreciated

Thank you

Yiannis

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yiannis

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the user is unable to sign the PDF form as it is locked.

Please check the property of the documment, go to File > Properties > Under 'Security tab' check if filling of the form fields and signing is allowed or not.

If possible, please share the PDF form with us so we can check it at our end. Upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  generate the link and share it with us.

Also, make sure the user is using the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application to fill and sign the PDF form.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to share the PDF with the users? Please try to remove the action to lock the PDF and try sending it again and check. PDFs gets locked once all the signatures are done and the signature process is complete.

For more information about sending the documents for signature please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF