• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit a dynamic Stamp Name in Acrobat without changing anything within it?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a dynamic stamp with a dynamic date field in it among other text. I don't like the name of the stamp within Acrobat - I called it testing stamp  (thinking this wouldn't work and I would have to try again). But, lo and behold (surprising myself), the stamp was a go and I like it. I just don't like the name within Acrobat. Can I change the name without changing or radically modifying anything within it, including a dynamic date field?

Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can. but you need to be specific about what you mean by the stamp name. There's the category name, which is the stamp file title. Then there is the display name on the stamp menu, which is the second part of the page template name for the stamp page in the stamp file. And then there is the internal stamp name, which is the first part of the page template name for the stamp page in the stamp file.  

You can find everything you ever wanted to know about stamps here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/All_About_PDF_Stamps.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name I'm referring to is the one I choose when I go to Comment in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, then Add Stamp, then Dynamic, then the stamp name. Whatever that one is. Your explanations confused me further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to modify the name of a Dynamic stamp you need to edit the stamp file. Using the stamp tools in Acrobat will distroy the dynamic part of the stamp.  The stamp name, is in the page template name for the page the stamp is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add to the previous explanation. All the stamps on the stamp menu in Acrobat are actually pages in a PDF file, called the stamp file.  Pages can be marked as a Page Template. The original purpose of page templates to make pages that are repeatable. But in this case, they are used to indicate a page is a stamp. And the name of the stamp you see in the menu, is the name of the page template.  You'll find the Page Template editor on the  "Organize Pages" toolbar, under the "More" dropdown menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the expanded explanation; that helped much better than your previous two. I had no idea that the stamps were actually pages. I will try to edit the name in "organize pages" tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines