Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit "Warning: Javascript Window" Message

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Newbie here - I have changed the formatting of a field to Arbitrary Mask for numbers to be displayed in a certain way. Eg: ABN Numbers to be completed on an application form in the following sequence:

99 999 999 999

Is there any way to change the Warning message from the Javascript Pop-up?? (see below)

Paige5E08_0-1598866375823.png

I basically just need it to say: "ABN must be 11 digits" > as i have clients filling out this form - the pop up error needs to be very simple and explanatory.

If there is no way to do this due to the Arbitrary Mask formatting - is there any other way I can do this without losing the number sequence formatting of : 99 999 999 999??

Please help? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do the arbitrary mask as a custom keystroke script or as custom validtion script, for example.

If the user doesn't enter the desired format it can throw a customized alert and reset the field .

Is this  what you're asking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change it, but you can write your own code that will do the validation, and then you can use any message you'd like. However, the "warning: javsscript window" part will still appear, as it's a built-in part of any alert window that isn't executed from a trusted context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The caption is a VITAL security protection, to stop people faking other dialogs (to steal passwords etc.). Train your users to be delighted by the caption!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines