I have a pdf with both landscape and portrait orientation pages. On the pages with landscape orientation, the text types vertically in the editable fields. Everything works normally in preview but when I export it, the fields type incorrectly.
Any suggestions?? Thanks!
Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the text types vertically in the editable fields when you export it.
- Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to export the PDF? Also, please share the original PDF form and the exported file to check it at our end. Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share that link with us for testing.
- Have you created this PDF form or have you got it from a different user?
If you are the owner of the PDF or have the editing permissions you may try the steps below and see if that helps:
- Open the PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Go to Tools > Prepare form
- Double click on the form field to open 'Text field properties'
- Under the 'General Tab' change the orientation to zero (0) degrees and click on 'Close'
For more information about form field properties please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#general_tab_for_form_field_prop...
Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.
Thanks for your help! I found that the problem was using Apple Preview. Everything works fine in Adobe Reader and Acrobat.
Never, never, never fill a PDF form using Apple Preview, aka "the PDF killer":
Ah yes, Apple Preview was definitely the culprit! Thanks for your reply.