Highlighted

Editing a fillable pdf

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MS Word doc with tables that I converted to pdf to make it a fillable form.  I now want to insert rows in that table, without having to start all over, losing all my fillable fields in the table.  Anyone use Adobe this way and found a way to insert rows?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing a fillable pdf

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MS Word doc with tables that I converted to pdf to make it a fillable form.  I now want to insert rows in that table, without having to start all over, losing all my fillable fields in the table.  Anyone use Adobe this way and found a way to insert rows?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you can insert rows very easily  by selecting all the fileds that you want to copy, then right-click on that selection, and then choose " Create Multiple Copies" from the context menu.

See slide:

create multiple copies2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I don't think that's what I'm after - I can copy fields, yes, but I want to add rows to put those fields in.  Tried to add a snap shot here of the form, but it's not working...  sorry.  Basically, I have a table with courses in a list on the left and fillable fields on the right for checking off completion, grade received, etc.  I need to add more lines for more courses to list and don't want to have to start over with my original Word doc, convert it to pdf again and have to put in all the fillable fields for the whole document (2 pages).  I know you can insert pages, but that would still be over 30 rows I would have to redo.  Hoping for an easier answer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to be able to edit the existing MS Word table inside of that PDF like you would do it in MS Word?

Like, for example, add colors and dividng lines?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes -

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new static version of the file from Word with the new rows, then open the old file and use the Replace Pages command to insert the pages with the new layout instead of the old ones. All of your fields will remain in place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 2