Highlighted

Editing an existing fillable form

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete some lines because they were all broken up for some reason.  These lines basically created a table to help keep things neat or organized.  After deleting those lines I added new lines but now when I tab through the form, instead of it advancing onto the next page it starts by selecting the first line I created, then the second, third, fourth etc. up to the eighth line and then it'll advance onto the next page.

It's just a line, why is it getting a tab order assigned to it.  When I'm in the form editing mode, it doesn't show the lines as being in the order of the tab sequence.  I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

It's not just a line, it's a line annotation (aka comment), which are not part of the regular page contents. It sounds like the lines that you deleted were part of the regular page contents. Annotations that aren't hidden or read-only are selectable. It's possible to flatten annotations so that they are converted to regular page contents. Here's a link to a free JavaScript based tool that you can install that make the process simple: https://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/flattener/

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing an existing fillable form

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete some lines because they were all broken up for some reason.  These lines basically created a table to help keep things neat or organized.  After deleting those lines I added new lines but now when I tab through the form, instead of it advancing onto the next page it starts by selecting the first line I created, then the second, third, fourth etc. up to the eighth line and then it'll advance onto the next page.

It's just a line, why is it getting a tab order assigned to it.  When I'm in the form editing mode, it doesn't show the lines as being in the order of the tab sequence.  I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

It's not just a line, it's a line annotation (aka comment), which are not part of the regular page contents. It sounds like the lines that you deleted were part of the regular page contents. Annotations that aren't hidden or read-only are selectable. It's possible to flatten annotations so that they are converted to regular page contents. Here's a link to a free JavaScript based tool that you can install that make the process simple: https://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/flattener/

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George_Johnson.  Very simple set of instructions on the link you provided.  I came into work this morning, read you post, clicked your link, downloaded and read the instructions and within seconds everything was fixed.  I'll admit that I was a little apprehensive to finalize everything because I was afraid that all of my form fields on my 10 page application were going to be in danger of being flattened but I was given this nice and easy optioin menu to select what I wanted to be flattened and I could also do the entire document or (what I did), I chose the single page giving me issues and then everything was working perfectly.  Thanks a bunch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0