Highlighted

Editing An Image Size Through Fields Rather Than Scaling

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems like most Adobe products have a dimensions field for element scaling and resizing. If I need an image in Photoshop set to certain proportions I can just type in the height and width that I want it to scale to. Premiere has the same thing, heck, it and AE both have scale to image so you don't have to manually scale or input text. 

Where is Acrobats variation of this? I've looked everywhere and nobody has explained how to change, say, an image size to fit the page, or modify the dimensions in a text field. 

Just for clarification, I have a PNG image that I need to perfectly fit the page size but I can only manually scale it dragging the arrows around, but this is problematic because it does not give me exact proportion control. Going between pages then you can see that each of the png images is off slightly because there isn't a way to just simply fit it to the page as far as I can tell. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing An Image Size Through Fields Rather Than Scaling

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems like most Adobe products have a dimensions field for element scaling and resizing. If I need an image in Photoshop set to certain proportions I can just type in the height and width that I want it to scale to. Premiere has the same thing, heck, it and AE both have scale to image so you don't have to manually scale or input text. 

Where is Acrobats variation of this? I've looked everywhere and nobody has explained how to change, say, an image size to fit the page, or modify the dimensions in a text field. 

Just for clarification, I have a PNG image that I need to perfectly fit the page size but I can only manually scale it dragging the arrows around, but this is problematic because it does not give me exact proportion control. Going between pages then you can see that each of the png images is off slightly because there isn't a way to just simply fit it to the page as far as I can tell. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing the image in the application that was used to create the PDF. Acrobat was not designed as a Page Layout application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the feedback. I feel like at this point if Acrobat was not designed to be a page layout application, they shouldn't have given it so many layout modifications such as Measurement and Prepare Form. 

I'm building a form and some of it is done in Ps and the rest in Acrobat. It would be nice if along with all the other messy or overly complex tools in Acrobat they just provided a simple dimension box. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such option in Acrobat, as it's not an editor in the same way as Photoshop is, for example, and was not meant to be used as such, although it did gain more and more editing capabilities over time.

However, you can set a field to be the exact size of the page it's on, though, using a simple script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response. Honestly it's pretty excessive to have all these editing, measurement, form prep, and more tools yet there is no simple scale dimension box anywhere. 

It's like designing a building meant to be used for reading inside of only, but the architect added computers and tvs and consoles, yet left out HDMI connector ports, so you have to use converter attachments. 

Makes no sense at all at this point in Acrobats existence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand your confusion. Editing within Acrobat is handy when there's no way to get access to the original document and if all you need to do is to change an image or change the date or something simple like that.

BTW, If you have access to InDesign, it's a whole lot easier to do what you're doing in InDesign and export as a PDF ready to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have access to InDesign and I'll check it out. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF