• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing my form

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just filled out a four-page form. Meanwhile some things changed and I had to do some editing to what *I* had placed in the form. But Acrobat won't let me. I click on, say an address I entered, and instead of selecting that address all I get is a new type box sitting on top of the original entry. I have closed the doc, restarted Acrobat, even restarted my computer. I can no longer edit this doc, only add new to it.

I don't know what this means, but I *was* able to do such edits when I was first filling the doc in, then without warning, it stopped allowing edits; almost like there was a time limit to being able to changed anything. Once the time's up, no more edits allowed. Which doesn't make any sense but that's what it's like.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

The way to make a form for filling using Acrobat Pro is Prepare Form. You make this and save it. It can be filled over and over. It’s a lot more work than Fill & Sign. 

Of you sign sign a form you might lock it forever. If you may want to use it again be sure to keep an unsigned copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're describing adding text using one of the Commenting tools, or maybe even Fill & Sign, not filling in form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by that. I am in Fill & Sign but I have been all along when I was filling in the form. The cursor is the same as when I initially filled in the form. Indeed, if I go to a line in the form where I hadn't entered anything I can add copy into it just as I had initially in other places in the form.

It sounds like you're saying I shouldn't be in the Fill & Sign tool but I know of no other tool with which to fill in a form. I'll attach a screenshot of the window heading (as much as I can without violating my own privacy) so you can see--sort of--what I'm working with:

acrobatSS.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to make a form for filling using Acrobat Pro is Prepare Form. You make this and save it. It can be filled over and over. It’s a lot more work than Fill & Sign. 

Of you sign sign a form you might lock it forever. If you may want to use it again be sure to keep an unsigned copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy...I dunno folks. Seems to me, you have a form, you want to fill it out, you use Fill and Sign.  

Well, anyway, after much consternation, tell me if I've finally figured this out: 

--I open the PDF form I want to fill out.

--I go to Prefs>Create>Create Form...

--All fields turn into blue boxes and I can add more text fields as needed, or edit existing, tho I can't do anyting with them yet. 

--Only until I Save (or Save As...), close the file, and then reopen it can I actually start filling in the form.

This is what is working for me, tho it all seems counterintuitive. However, I am indeed left with a fully fillable, fully editable form, which is all I wanted. So thank you for this.

However I am left with THIS problem: Font size/style. Nowhere do I find a place to change it within the form's interface. I've gone to Prefs>Content Editing>Font Options and made a change there but it isn't being applied to the form; even after saving, closing, and reopening. I remain stuck at a 6pt indeterminate serif. Not only that, page 1 of this form is the aforementioned 6pt serif, but pages 2-4 are a  massive 18pt sans. What up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you use the commenting tools, not Fill & Sign.

The best way is to add actual form fields to the file, though, and fill in those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya know what? Never mind the question I tagged oon about font size. I realized I should prolly post a discrete query elsewhere. Thx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines