• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Text bug

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to edit the text in Adobe Pro DC the text will become scattered and letters will randomly disappear in words. Even if I only delete one letter things get all messed up. Does anyone have a fix for this? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the program and still no luck. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to edit a PDF that was produced from a scanned image with text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in general, Acrobat is not a content editing tool. Ideally you should be editing the original document and then converting it to PDF.

But of course, Acrobat does provide some editing tools. Text in a PDF is not like text in a word file. The text in a PDF is not stuctured, so Acrobat displays text runs, or blocks. Adding and deleting characters often changes the flow in the block, resulting in badly formated text. One thing you might try is making the text block boundaries larger. This is not guarenteed to keep the text flow consistent, but it may help. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can provide a sample of the file that would be helpful , so that we can test or reproduce the issue.

I am more inclined to think that from what you're describing , the source document might have certain type of fonts and they weren't embedded, and if the original file also had some special charachters, then it is possible that they weren't subsetted appropriately during the export to PDF. 

Also, the source document could've have font typefaces that forbid font embedding.

In the case that the source file was produced from a scanned image, then I am inclined to believe that the Scan and OCR is not able to recognize and correct alternate text (if any). And if it doestry to correct alternate text, maybe the only fallback mechanism is to produce ligatures instead of actually recognizing the text.

You can test this by trying to copy one of the problematic words that you're describing and paste in Notepad or Wordpad, for example.  If you get a wierd symbol when you paste it, for example,  that's probably a ligature. 

If on the other hand, when you select one of those words, and you right-click and select "Copy with Formatting",  then paste it in Notepad,  you may see that the copied textstring will not show the weird symbols.

In any case, you may need to run the Accessibility Tool, run a full check , and additionally see if by using the Print Production tool you can also run "Preflight"--->> PDFfixups --->> Analyze and Fix can help with anything.

In the worst case scenario, if none of these methods work, Adobe Helpx guidance usually suggests to re-create the file from scratch.   

But I may be wrong, and these are just random observations. If  you can share  a sample file that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines