Highlighted

Editing text

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to only select text and not the background images behind the text in adobe acrobat DC? Every time I select all the text I want to copy or move, it moves all the background images behind it as well. I only want to select the text. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing text

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to only select text and not the background images behind the text in adobe acrobat DC? Every time I select all the text I want to copy or move, it moves all the background images behind it as well. I only want to select the text. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to select the text separately from the image. How are you selecting the content? 

Typically, if you have a PDF open and have gone into editing the document, you will be able to click to select individual items - text blocks, images, to move or edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bit,

Does everything turn blue when you click on the page? If so, than you need to OCR the page. I do not know what Acrobat DC looks like, only Acrobat Pro DC so I can't tell you what to look for. But someone will chime in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OCR in Acrobat is called "Text Recognition".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group