• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email attachment not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent hours yesterday in front of my computer while Adobe tried to resolve my issue.

When I click on the envelope to attach the document to an email the file closes and so does the programme. So I am having to save the doument and then attach it to an email.

I went to files. I unchecked the box in account settings for Cached Exchange Mode but that made no difference

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the Adobe application's version you are working with? Looking at the description given above: 

When I click on the envelope to attach the document to an email the file closes and so does the programme. So I am having to save the doument and then attach it to an email

Where is your file? Is it not saved locally on your system, is it somewhere on web or attached to the email? Seems attach to email option causing application crash. Try the following steps:

1- Launch Acrobat/Reader you are working with

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

OR

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

2- Make sure you have got the latest patch installed. Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for coming back to me, but it did not work

Philip Lovelock
Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex, 2 Station Court, Station Approach, WICKFORD. SS11 7AT. Telephone: +44 (0)1268 571610 For more information about The Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex, please visit our website http://www.essexfreemasons.net CAUTION: This email is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone +44 (0)1268 571610 or email the sender immediately and delete this message and any attachments from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachments or disclose the message or attachments to any other person. This email and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to delivery. The Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses or any other malicious code and you are responsible for carrying out your own virus checks before opening the email and any attachment. Where this email is unrelated to the business of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex, the opinions expressed in this email are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute the opinions of The Provincial Grand Lodge of Essex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days later it just started to work on its own accord. Most strange as I did not do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mandar correos en español

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that strange if you didn't perform any troubleshooting step. But the most important thing is, it started working.

There might be some network connectivity issue which was temporary.  

Thanks^AS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines