• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email button in PDF forms not working

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a fillable form in Acrobat DC.

I am adding in a button to email the complete form to an email address - looked on YouTube on how to do this. Followed all the steps but it doesn't work. It works when I do a 

It's not working at al. When I test it the recipient can't email it and gets an error - 'The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.'

I don't have the file open, but why should that matter, the file was sent as an attachment via email?

Please help this is very frustrating!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't use this method since you don't have control of what the user employs on their end to view, fill & sign , and email back to you this PDF.

I would suggest that you employ Adobe Sign in such workflow.

It is very straight forward and it allows you to track changes to the file from beginning to end.

The user who will be receiving this file is not required to have an Acrobat  paid subscription , nor Adobe Reader.

They can open it directly via email and work with that PDF from a mobile device or even a web browser.

If this is not the workflow that you want to adopt, then you're better sharing a link to the Document Clount so that the user can have access to a shared link and work on the shared file instead. All you have to do is just send the shared link to your user(s) via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines