Highlighted

Email from Adobe Acrobat DC not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently updating Acrobat DC I find the email to is no longer working.  I am working on a Mac with Mail as my main email programme can you help?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Email from Adobe Acrobat DC not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently updating Acrobat DC I find the email to is no longer working.  I am working on a Mac with Mail as my main email programme can you help?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David Sparkes,

As per the description above, the Email option from Adobe Acrobat DC is not working, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB doc Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/attach-to-email-not-working.html

Please check for the latest update from Help>Check for updates. You can also download the updates manually through Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Mail

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

Is the issue is with the Desktop Acrobat Email option or in your Mobile Device Adobe Reader?

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please let us know the following info-

-Mac OS version

-Adobe Acrobat DC version after the update

-Any error you get while performing the workflow?

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.13.1

Adobe 2017 0012 20098

An error occurred while trying to create a mail document. Adobe Acrobat is unable to complete your request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe is 2018-009-20044

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard nothing about this and a solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem. After recently updating Acrobat DC I find the email to is no longer working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am not going mad however I cant get Adobe interested and I am looking for support but I go round in circles

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Apologies for late response!

Actually we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end with similar setup.

Could you please try the following to nail down the problem:

-Try to attach any other file say a word file and see if it gets attached

To do this: Open a word file and Goto "File>>Share>>Send Document"

-If you have Outlook installed on your Mac then make it default email reader and try your workflow with any PDF

To do this follow the steps: i). Open Mail ii) Goto "Mail>>Preferences" iii). Set "Default email reader" to 'Microsoft Outlook'

-Please also repair Adobe Acrobat and then try.

Kindly share the results.

Regards,

Arvind

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK tried this and got this result

Had no problem sending from Word all fine

Reset to make outlook my default email and got the same message and it failed from Adobe

Someone suggested I should delete my adobe "plist" files in your library preferences folder

I have no idea how to do this and the impact it would have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem, Word does what is it supposed to do with Outlook at the default but i get an error when trying to "send file" from Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.......please tell us what to do to fix this issue, i get this message when i try to send a pdf from Acrobat

"An error occurred while trying to create a mail document.  Adobe Acrobat is unable to complete your request."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cdeweyg,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, please try the suggestions from the following discussion and KB article Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Error when using Outlook as default mail application in Acrobat DC (Sign and Send PDFs)

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of these solutions work. I have a MAC and the operating system is 10.13.3 High Sierra

i have Acrobat DC Pro 2018.011.20038 and Outlook For Mac Version 16.11.

Acrobat will also not attach a file using Mail for mac either. Word will attach a file to either email programs. I just get a bouncing Acrobat Icon at the bottom and an error message

I have updated Both Outlook and Acrobat DC Pro to the latest updates. This is very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cdeweyg,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, email from Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20038 and Outlook is not working on Mac, Is that correct?

As you mentioned earlier that you have tried all the suggestions shared above, and the issue still persists, please enable the root account or create a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Let us know how it goes in the root or a test user profile.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.  I'm using Mac with Mail as my email program  on Mojave 10.14.1 and latest Acrobat Reader DC.  Attempt on Reader to Share File by my Mac Mail results in Reader saying  "error occurred while trying to create your mail document".  The problem began after I mistakenly clicked "no" to Reader's request to access my Mail program.  How can I reverse this to get Reader to attach pdf's to my Mail?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, with all of the stupid 'permissions' things i get asked for constantly i said 'no' and now nothing works like it did.

Anyone with incite, or iss this another adobe never fixed issue i seem to be running into lately. I swear hours and hours are spent trying to make their cr@p work like it did the day before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same problem.  Clicked "no."  Any news fro anyone?  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
meizer LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for those at least using Mohave.  If you have in fact selected "no" from a dialog box allowing Acrobat to access mac mail, read this solution: An error occurred while trying to create a mail document | macOS Mojave 10.14

After making the changes, close both mail and Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF
Add a group