• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email link automatically opens Mail app

Participant ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up an email link into an interactive PDF form.  It automatically opens up the Microsoft Mail app (and I'm sure would open up Apple Mail if I was working at home). Is there any way to have Acrobat prompt the user to choose which email they want to use, or does the user have to customize their Acrobat reader for that?   My not-very-techie manager is already flustered by the email app popping open, and I can see our not-very-techie customers having the same reaction...

I often just copy the address into my Gmail instead of clicking on the mailto: link, but I can see our clients getting annoyed...

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mailto link just uses what the user has set as their default mail client.

windows can be changed using - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-change-default-email-client-145420b1-8a02-7fbc-3d8d...

Mac can be changed using - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201607

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The users can set up a web-based account by going to Edit (or the Reader/Acrobat menu on a Mac) - Preferences - Email Accounts and then setting up a new account there. You have no control over what app or website are used for it, though. It's entirely up to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys.  I was afraid of that...  I'll cross my fingers that the clients don't get too confused.  

I'm testing it on my Android now - tapping the link does nothing...  I think there were threads about this topic elsewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines