Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Submit JavaScript not opening email client

Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with some script that will not work when dynamically 'pulling' email addresses from export values assigned to two drop-down menus that a user can change as desired. The button I have created has the following script as a 'Mouse Up' event;

var newDoc = this.extractPages(2,8);
var cToAddr = this.getField("PRIMARY_IRC_ERP").value;
var cCCAddr = this.getField("DEPUTY_IRC_ERP").value;
var cSubLine = "Client Emergency Response Plan Pack - see attached file"
var cBody = "Please download and complete this form according to your role in the ACG."
newDoc.mailDoc({bUI: true, cTo:cToAddr, cCc:cCCAddr, cSubject: cSubLine, cMsg: cBody});
newDoc.closeDoc(true);

The above works fine on my PC (with Adobe DC Pro) and does what I intended, but if I use the same form and functions on a colleagues PC (with their own version of Adobe DC Pro installed), the button does nothing....any ideas?. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure they're opening it in Acrobat, and not Reader, or some other application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

No.....they are definitely opening using Adobe DC 😉 apologies for the delay in replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.s. - should add all now resolved....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines