• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded sound files no longer heard in Acrobat Reader???

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a teacher.  I've created many years of pdfs with embedded sound files.  They work fine on my computer because I've created them with Acrobat Pro 2017. These files always worked in Acrobat Reader when I've shared them in the past.  Now, Acrobat Reader will not play the embedded sound files when they've been clicked on. If someone uses a computer without Acrobat Pro, what must be done for them to hear the files?? Do they have to purchase Reader Pro DC???  If so, will this reader play embedded multimedia???? 

Question 2: Does Reader Pro DC allow a user to extract one page from a multiple page document so they can use it in Google docs, etc.??  Will they still be able to hear the embedded sound file???

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should work, and does work with my installation of Reader DC (just tested it). Make sure you enable the playing of 3D content (which does include Rich media content) in Reader's Preferences:

2020-08-28_12-07-50.png

And no, Reader users cannot extract pages. That's a feature that is only availabe with the Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines