embeding interactive visualization (svg) into Acrobat pdf

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an interactive visualization (an info-vis of js scripting available at the moment as svg) and I would like to (somehow) embed it into the pdf form.

At first sight, I thought I might try to use Tools>Rich Media but it did not function when I simply convert my svg into swf.

I do not know if my question is something feasible, I will appreciate any comments/hep/advice.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018
Hi Gamzes,We apologize for the delay in response to your query.If we understand your query correctly, you are trying to embed a svg file into the pdf form?  Using the Rich Media feature of Acrobat DC you can embed a swf file in it following the steps mentioned in help document here-Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe AcrobatHowever, you first need to convert the svg file to swf file to complete the process. SVG is a native format for Illustrator and this file format is not...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gamzes,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

If we understand your query correctly, you are trying to embed a svg file into the pdf form?  Using the Rich Media feature of Acrobat DC you can embed a swf file in it following the steps mentioned in help document here-

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

However, you first need to convert the svg file to swf file to complete the process. SVG is a native format for Illustrator and this file format is not supported to embed in pdf. You can refer to the related thread here- svg to pdf conversion 

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gamzes,

I managed to get some limited svg in the browser like functionality as described here : It is not straightforward though as events are triggered by the mouse coordinates which are triggered by a setInteval loop and I had to create a mapping system so that the pdf document is told what elements cover which coordinates of the page...I would love if there was an easier way to do this.

Kind Regards, 

Ed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines