• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable all features clears my Form

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form filled out and signed by a other person. When I get the form and enable all features it clears the form of all the data that the employee filled out. There is no popup stating why it was cleared. I just need to be able to sign this form with all of the employees info on it and their signature. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us why you want to "enable all features" after the document has been signed? There's likely a better way to achieve what you want. The more information you provide about your intended workflow the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to enable the features so that I can sign the form after they have
signed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't. You just need to add two signature fields in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already enabled if I have to enable all features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Enable all features" needs to be done before the file is sent out. It doesn't make sense to do it on a filled-in file...

Also, this is no longer necessary at all, unless the users have a very old version of Adobe Reader. The current version can save filled-in forms without these rights applied to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled the protection mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to sign a docuement after someone else has signed, you can either add another digital signature field to go along with the one that the user signs, or include the document as an attachement to a different one that you sign/certify. The first option is typical practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that I meant that you should add the additional signature field before you send the form out to be used. That way the signature field will be available when the form is returned to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the full in areas are there along with the signature fields before
the form is sent out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of appalled at the assistance given on this thread.

Enabling all features IS required before digitally signing a PDF.  Enabling all features in this case is refering to dismissing secuirty measures upon opening a file (also required in order to print).  Not something done at form creation as some here seem to be confused about.

Questioning the users reasons for enabling all features is a waste of time and irrelevant.  Enabling all features upon opening a digitally signed pdf should NOT clear the digital signatures.  The issue is:  Why is this happening, and what can we do to fix it.

I would like an answer to this myself, as I am in the same boat.  This seems to only be happening with one specific file after working flawlessly for months, so I'm wondering if it isn't some form of file corruption.  Any useful information would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The people answering here are (for the most part) volunteers and not Adobe employees. If you don't like the answers provided feel free to contact Adobe Support directly and see how far that gets you (and how much it costs you). Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines