Highlighted

Enable Text Substitutions from Mac Text Replacements

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have set up text replacements in my keyboard settings that I would also like to use when filling out a text box in a fillable form that I have created.  On other apps, I could go to View > Substitutions > Check Text Replacement, but there doesn't seem to be any option of that sort in Adobe Pro.  Is there a way to use my text substitution shortcuts in Adobe pro?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Enable Text Substitutions from Mac Text Replacements

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have set up text replacements in my keyboard settings that I would also like to use when filling out a text box in a fillable form that I have created.  On other apps, I could go to View > Substitutions > Check Text Replacement, but there doesn't seem to be any option of that sort in Adobe Pro.  Is there a way to use my text substitution shortcuts in Adobe pro?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angela,

Can you give an example?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac computer.  On a Mac, you can go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Text replacements and here create shortcuts for typing such as "onw" for "On my way."  This way, when typing in a Pages/Word Document or anywhere on the internet, I would only have to type "onw" and press enter to have the complete phrase replace the three letters I typed.  In a PDF, I figure out a way to use these shortcuts.  I would type "onw," but it would not automatically give me the shortcut phrase(s) I had pre-entered into my keyboard shortcuts.  Is there a way around this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using a validation or calculation script, but you will have to use JavaScript code to do it and re-define all of your existing shortcuts. Here's a simple example of such code using the texts you provided:

event.value = event.value.replace(/onw/g, "on my way");

Also, the replacement will only take place once you exit the field, not while you're typing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0