Highlighted

Endnote links from MS Word

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted earlier about Word to Acrobat. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/ms-word-to-adobe-acrobat/m-p/11542312?page=1#M283056

JR Boulay provided the correct answer.

I have since bought Acrobat and converted my first MS Word document to PDF with Acrobat. The FORWARD endnote link works fine (click on the endnote superscript, you are taken to the endnote). However the BACKWARD MS Word link is not there.

When you go to an endnote the objective is to read and understand that endnote than go back to the text you were reading. In MS Word you double click the endnote superscript to go back to where you were reading. That link is missing inthe Adobe PDF version. This forces you to scroll back to where you were reading. If it is a big document, this is truly a pain in the a--.

What is the solution to this problem?

As a reference, Wikipedia has long solved this problem. Now they even have endnote popups which is the ultimate solution.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Endnote links from MS Word

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted earlier about Word to Acrobat. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/ms-word-to-adobe-acrobat/m-p/11542312?page=1#M283056

JR Boulay provided the correct answer.

I have since bought Acrobat and converted my first MS Word document to PDF with Acrobat. The FORWARD endnote link works fine (click on the endnote superscript, you are taken to the endnote). However the BACKWARD MS Word link is not there.

When you go to an endnote the objective is to read and understand that endnote than go back to the text you were reading. In MS Word you double click the endnote superscript to go back to where you were reading. That link is missing inthe Adobe PDF version. This forces you to scroll back to where you were reading. If it is a big document, this is truly a pain in the a--.

What is the solution to this problem?

As a reference, Wikipedia has long solved this problem. Now they even have endnote popups which is the ultimate solution.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
dangnad LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone there? Simple question. Does Acrobat link an endnote back into the body of the document?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0