Entry Point Not Found: Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to edit a scanned pdf file, I get the following error:

Acrobat.exe - Entry Point Not Found

the procedure entry point

?SetFavorTextOverLayout@COcrContextAdvancedParameters@IDRS@@QAEXH@Z could not be located in the dynamic library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRLibraryinf.dll.

Currently Using: Acrobat Pro DC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Help resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is this happening with just one PDF or with every PDF?

What is the version number of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that you're using?

Are you able to tell if this behavior begu  after a recent update took place in your system?

If you open the same file in another PC with a different WindowsOS this happening  does the same error manifests?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you received a useful response? 

I upgraded from Acrobat XI (no problems, always worked well) to Acrobat 2020 within the last month or two.  On several occasions, when trying to search a PDF, I have received the procedure point error.  The last time, I found a post on this site blaming an old HP OCR program.  I don't use that program regularly, so I removed it from the computer and solved that problem. 

This time the message references C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\TSheets.Engine.dll.  I can't remove QuickBooks. This seems like a Acrobat glitch.  What is the Adobe fix?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that I don't have another computer to work with in solving this bug. My computer is a two-month old Dell XPS 17 on which I was unable to reinstall my Acrobat XI, forcing the new program purchase.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines