• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 140000 on updating Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I can find is uninstall/reinstall.  Have done that.  Still get error 140000.  Vulnerabilities in password is a serious thing.  I would definitely like to keep up to date with patches.  No help available on this so far.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Hi All,

Mean while try accessing the ftp server and installing the updates directly.

The updates are all available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Clayc, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Which version of Acrobat you are referring here, is it Acrobat DC?

If there is any trouble installing the latest patch updating the application to current version, then you may use the cleaner tool to remove the existing version and application's old traces.

Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs 

Once done, you may refer to the link Download and install Acrobat DC subscription  and download Acrobat.

Check whether you have got the latest patch installed or not- DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem. My windows is 7 and my Acrobat version is 9.5.5. What could be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the case\workflow in which you receive this error? Can you provide any image of the error?

If you have a Proxy setup in your network, it is possible that this specific Proxy type is not supported by Acrobat updater.

If that is the case, you might have to install updates manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have the same problem.  I click on Help, check for updates, screen shot below.

It used to work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please locate AdobeARM.log file in the current User Temp folder and send it to me in the private message?

Please do not post the file content here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with three different computers/users in my organization.  I have private messaged you with the contents of AdobeARM.log.  Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied and pasted the contents of the log to you by private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you frank,

There seems to be temporary issue with Updater manifests. Should be resolved in a day or two.

Just a note - Acrobat X and Acrobat XI no longer supported and no more updates are available for these products. If you are on the latest versions, you should see "No updates available" from Updater when issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks very much.  I will try updating the program in a couple of days.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Mean while try accessing the ftp server and installing the updates directly.

The updates are all available here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me now.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! thanks for taking out time to update the discussion.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link doesn't work. Can you provide an updated link please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using adobe photoshop 2018, and it does not receive this error message on updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're able to update Reader but still unable to update Adobe Pro.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case here's the cause and effect:

I had purchased and installed Acrobat DC 2015 Standard when the laptop was originally acquired.  In January of this year, I got a subscription to Adobe Lightroom CC.  It turns out that Acrobat Pro is an option with Lightroom CC.  Notifications pop up for Lightroom CC that updates are available.  At some point I raced through the update dialog boxes, and apparently clicked an [Ok] to run a trial copy of Acrobat Pro. The install changed my default PDF viewer to Pro, and so on.  Further, there is no clear distinction on the startup menu, the Remove Apps applet in the Control Panel, nor in the Programs (x86) folder indicating which version is which.  So my trial version ran out, and not knowing I had installed a trial version of a program I have been using for a couple of years ran into this issue.  I STILL get pop-ups from Lightroom to install Acrobat.  I really HATE programmed marketing.  It wastes my time to a very aggravating extent, and pushes me towards competing products.

It's also funny that someone can post that they answered the question when in fact that was not the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this is not my case. I really don't know what is going on. I have been working with my version for years and never had updating problems before. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had exact same issue. Here is how I fixed it:

- went into Add/Remove Programs

- Clicked on Acrobat

- Uninstall

- Menu poped up, where I chose "Fix" option.

- After it was done, I restarted my PC

**Problem Solved! **

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines