• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1911 Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\acrobat.tib When installing Adobe Acrobat X Standard on Windows Server 2012

Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving this error when installing Adobe acrobat on a Windows 2012 terminal server. "Error 1911 Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\acrobat.tib" What could be causing this issue?Error.jpg

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

I have a fix that worked for non-Adobe software that will probably work for you.  I've been beating my head trying to figure out Error 1911 for my company's Escrow processing software and after 3 sleepless nights I finally was able to get past the errors and complete the installation.  Uninstall Windows Update KB3072630 and restart!   It worked for Server 2008 R2 and should work for 2012 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lucass31549872,

I suppose there might be some compatibility issue of Acrobat X version on Windows Server 2012 platform.

Refer: System requirements | Acrobat family of products—older versions (XI, X, 9)

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same software was previously installed on the Server, It was just uninstalled a short time before the Installation was attempted.

Thanks for the response though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lucass31549872‌,

Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same issue on Server 2008 R2.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I am trying to apply the latest security patch 10.1.15 and cannot update it on any Windows 2008 r2 servers.  Even if I run the cleaner and completely uninstall Acrobat Standard then just run the acrostan.msi - I receive the same error as noted above - it will not register any of the .tlb files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fix that worked for non-Adobe software that will probably work for you.  I've been beating my head trying to figure out Error 1911 for my company's Escrow processing software and after 3 sleepless nights I finally was able to get past the errors and complete the installation.  Uninstall Windows Update KB3072630 and restart!   It worked for Server 2008 R2 and should work for 2012 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! That worked.  I had seen reports of this KB causing issues with our document management installation but it hadn't affected us so I did not put two and two together.  I really appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much this was driving me crazy.  KB3072630 has turned out to be very troublesome.  It also caused out XenApp VDA installs to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to ignore the messages.  Adobe opened, read files, and installed the PDF printer.  I'm not sure what these are actually registering, but it seemed to work after I ignored the registry errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting this message as well on one of our client's servers. OS is Windows Server 2012 R2. Software has been working fine but latest update to Acrobat XI won't apply and it contains a fix that is supposed to address the client's issue. Anyone have additional suggestions? Have tried everything in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines