Highlighted

Error 2753 reinstalling Acrobat Pro 2017

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 20H2 and tried to use PC Trans to transfer my user accounts and apps to the new install.  After the transfer, I got error messages for Acrobat 2017, Photoshop Elements 2020, and Premiere Elements 2020 and all requested reinstalling the software.

Acrobat Pro 2017 - the persistent error is 2753 with a message that acroservicesupdater.exe is not marked for installation.

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements both get Error 16 and a reinstall request.

I can't get any of the three packages to install properly.

Does anyone know how to resolve these arrors?

Thanks.

Correct answer by Ron157F | Community Beginner

I got this problem fixed through a live chat and shared screen session with an Adobe tech.  It took about 20 minutes and was successful. 

The tech located an article that I was not able to find on Adobe's website.  I was searching based on the error code (2753) and Acrobat 17 software I was using.  The help article he accessed was titled something like "Blocked install of Adobe Acrobat".  His solution involved resetting or removing a bunch of Windows Registry keys using a file called "RegistryKey_CommonFileDirValue.reg".  My guess is that my restoring of my software following the clean install of Windows, created corrupt or invalid registry keys for the new install.  This cleared those keys and allowed me to re-install Acrobat 17.  I did need to reinstall and authenticate the Adobe software follwoing this process.

At any rate, it took about 20 minutes and soved my problem.

If I had been able to locate that article through searching Adobe's website, I could have done that registry reset myself and saved a couple of days of grief trying to troubleshoot the problem myself.

Thanks, Adobe.

TOPICS
Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 2753 reinstalling Acrobat Pro 2017

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 20H2 and tried to use PC Trans to transfer my user accounts and apps to the new install.  After the transfer, I got error messages for Acrobat 2017, Photoshop Elements 2020, and Premiere Elements 2020 and all requested reinstalling the software.

Acrobat Pro 2017 - the persistent error is 2753 with a message that acroservicesupdater.exe is not marked for installation.

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements both get Error 16 and a reinstall request.

I can't get any of the three packages to install properly.

Does anyone know how to resolve these arrors?

Thanks.

Correct answer by Ron157F | Community Beginner

I got this problem fixed through a live chat and shared screen session with an Adobe tech.  It took about 20 minutes and was successful. 

The tech located an article that I was not able to find on Adobe's website.  I was searching based on the error code (2753) and Acrobat 17 software I was using.  The help article he accessed was titled something like "Blocked install of Adobe Acrobat".  His solution involved resetting or removing a bunch of Windows Registry keys using a file called "RegistryKey_CommonFileDirValue.reg".  My guess is that my restoring of my software following the clean install of Windows, created corrupt or invalid registry keys for the new install.  This cleared those keys and allowed me to re-install Acrobat 17.  I did need to reinstall and authenticate the Adobe software follwoing this process.

If I had been able to locate that article through searching Adobe's website, I could have done that registry reset myself and saved a couple of days of grief trying to troubleshoot the problem myself.

Thanks, Adobe.

TOPICS
Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>PC Trans to transfer my user accounts and apps

Installing is required, not trying to transfer from a backup

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

OK.  I get that.  How do I clean the PC so that I can actually do an install?  I have tried the Acrobat Cleaner from the Adobe website and the error persists.  I presume I need to clean the registry of all Adobe entries?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0