• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code P206 while installing Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud Order Confirmation was received and payment charged. However, the installation is not happening. Getting error P 206 while my net connectivity is good. The helpline [phone number deleted by moderator.] is not connecting through.

In short, exasperated and feeling cheated.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Hi milindk,

Sorry for the delay in response.    

As mentioned above, you are getting error P206 while installing Acrobat DC, could you try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document: Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Error code P206

Error Code: P206

Let us know if you need any further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and we're sorry for the trouble you had.

The error P206 occurs when the network connection is unavailable or the server is unreachable.

Please try all the network-related solution from the following help article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html#network_connectivity_issues

If the issue persists, please start your system in Safe mode with networking, for steps, please see here.

Try insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The installation has nothing to do with the subscription and having an install error means you have problems with permissions , firewall , antivirus ...

Please check the permissions of the "temp" folder:

C: \ Users \ <Username> \ AppData \ Local \ Temp

If that does not help, try the direct link of the CC desktop tool:

Download Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give more information on your environment, like OS and version, computer configuration (memory, disk space etc) and the steps you took to download and install the software. It is also of interest to know if you are behind a corporate firewall or proxy.

P206 is a network problem, so I would look into that direction first. See here for more information: Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an individual, use Windows 8, use a Dell XPS 12. My knowledge of

computers is really passing only.

The only reason I need this software is that I convert the word document/

PPT into PDF and rarely need it to convert a PDF into a word document.

I was on Acrobat Pro DC for the last two years. Then in the name of the

renewal I was pushed into going for an upgrade which I did not need. Once I

downloaded, my troubles began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the right community Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi milindk,

Sorry for the delay in response.    

As mentioned above, you are getting error P206 while installing Acrobat DC, could you try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document: Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Error code P206

Error Code: P206

Let us know if you need any further help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As of version 2018.011.20063 (as far as I am aware) our users are getting notifications "Adobe Acrobat Reader Updater has not been able to check for updates recently. ..."  and "An error occurred. Please check for updates again later. Error: 206"

I have tried reinstalling and updating manually but the error remains. (also in version 2019.008.20071)

What am I missing here?

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Regards,

Forgot to mention: We are working on macOS

Message was edited by: Beheer Avrotros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beheera,

As mentioned above, you are getting error 206 when trying to update Reader, could you try removing Reader using cleaner tool found here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, and install Reader from here: PDF reader, PDF viewer | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC , reboot the machine after installation and try again.

You may also refer to the following help documents for more info:

Troubleshoot issues with updating Acrobat or Reader on Mac OS

Fix Windows errors that occur during Acrobat Reader update

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I already gave a reply but it is not here so here it is again.

I followed your steps to the letter without any change in outcome.

Any other possibility's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beheera,

Could you check if you are able to access Adobe's servers by performing the troubleshooting steps given in this link: Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

You may also refer to the following link for more info: Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site reply's with pong and my hosts file is empty (except the default ones)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beheera,

Could you try installing the patch 19.008.20074 using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu and check if that helps? You may also download updates from here: 19.008.20074 Optional update, October 08, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine once after installing update.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message says to change security soft's setting. But any changes cannot solid this problem.
I use "virussecurity".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's acrobat 9 or newer:

confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos?

if you can and still see a connection error, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Apologies for the late reply, I hope this would be fixed by now.

In Addition to the suggestion by "Kglad", error P206 occurs when a network connection is unavailable or the server is unreachable. You may please try the following steps:

• Check your internet connection.
  • Check firewall settings.
  • Temporarily disable antivirus software.
  • start your system in safe mode with networking.

For more detailed information, you may please follow the help article in the link - Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

I hope this will help, keep us updated with the result.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain what you mean by check firewall settings, and exactly how to do so, in a way that relates to fixing this specific issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about stop requiring people to disable a safety measure designed to protect against dishonest internet predators?  If my firewall is seeing your software as a potential threat, that says something about your company's software designers.  I'm cancelling my subscription, effective immediately.  If I see any charges on my bank statement, they will be disputed.  I'm not disabling security features on my computer, to pay a monthly subscription, on a program that used to be local purchase, but no longer is because Adobe has gotten greedy, like everyone else.  I don't give a rats a$$ about the damn cloud storage, I just need to be able to enter text in fillable .pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the AQIRA416 in Yokohama, Japan.
I can't install Acrobat DC. Acrobat_DC_Set-Up.exe Ver.5.0.1.381

Error number: P206 is generated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html#network_connectivity_issues

and

https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#main-pars_header.

These are the Japanese versions.
It does not solve the problem even if I do "all" the contents of.
I also get the same error:P206 when using a mobile Wi-Fi router.Not use Firewall
What should I do about this?
My environment is Windows 7 SP1 64bit / Norton 360 of course I have disabled it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and we're sorry for the trouble you had.

The error P206 occurs when the network connection is unavailable or the server is unreachable.

Please try all the network-related solution from the following help article and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html#network_connectivity...

If the issue persists, please start your system in Safe mode with networking, for steps, please see here.

Try installing the Acrobat from the following URL and check: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

If you still get the error message, then please create a test user profile with full admin rights or enable the hidden administrator account and install Acrobat and check.

For steps to create a test user profile and enable the hidden admin account, please take help from the following articles:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-do-i-enable-the-built-in-ad...

You may also clean your computer and remove the traces of the Acrobat application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool.

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Note: Support of Windows 7 has ended on January 14, 2020. Hence it's not receiving any software updates including security updates from Microsoft. So, you may face issues with it and the above steps may or may not work. For detailed information, please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467761/windows-what-happens-when-windows-7-support-ends

I hope the above information helps.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I to have had these same issues with Adobe.  Curious as to these connection and firewall settings that are the cause.  I receive these as well and there has been no change in system setup or firewall settings.  I went thru your troubleshooting proceduresand still no connection, I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall Adobe with no success.  I will be cancelling my acct as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to reach Adobe servers. Please check your internet connectivity and firewall settings, the click" Retry". (Error Code: P206)

I started experiencing the error: "Unable to reach Adobe servers" a few days ago and have been trying to fix it. I have contacted my organisation’s IT who have tried to fix it without success.

My internet connection is strong enough, and I have had to switch off my firewall, still it Adobe servers could not be reached. I have tried all the solutions listed on the Adobe web pages, but nothing works.

I urgently need advice on how to fix this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to install the application and getting the error P206

Please check out the steps shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#errorP206 and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have taken the steps shared on the help page and it does not work. Please, I need further guidance on how this error can be resolved.

Regards,
Okechukwu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines