• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: either scanner driver is not installed or scanner is not connected

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 11 standard on Windows 7 Pro x64 worked great for years with a Brother MFC scanner on a small office network connected via ethernet cable.  All of sudden, Acrobate will no longer detect this scanner.  However, I can use photoshop to connect to the scanner.  I use Acrobate to scan documents to pdf and this issue is really annoying.  Please help.

I have tried the following with no success:

• Uninstall Brother software and Acrobat and reinstall and update.
  • Check for any driver updates
  • Manually search for any drivers or folders with Twain and delete them.  I then re-installed the most current Brother drivers.
  • Tried selecting "Custom Scan" to see if I can select a different scanner or un-hide any scanners.  There is no "hide" option in the custom scan box of Acrobat Standard 11.
TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Update on Resolution:

Windows update installed two updates KB4346080 and KB4343894.

Nothing else was changed on the system configuration or software and Acrobat 11 Standard now recognizes my scanner drivers.  So the issue seems to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on Resolution:

Windows update installed two updates KB4346080 and KB4343894.

Nothing else was changed on the system configuration or software and Acrobat 11 Standard now recognizes my scanner drivers.  So the issue seems to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Brian,

Since I'm a Mac user and also I use the Pro version of Acrobat I didn't have any suggestions to offer you. I'm delighted you were able to find a resolution to your problem. It can be such a juggling act to keep Acrobat, the scanner software, and the operating system to work together. It doesn't take much to tip the cart over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines