When I am working on a Fillable PDF form in Acrobat 2017 that is stored on my server, if it sits for a long period of time, it does not allow me to save it or finish filling out the form. All the content is not showing up on the form either (see attached Document 2 screen shot) and I have to start over again. I have also included a copy of the fillable PDF that I started with.
My IT team is telling me this happened when an update was done in March 2021. Is this a known error with servers due to the most recent upgrade?
I have a work around, but was not sure if this a update issue or our internal issue with our server.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, working on a fillable PDF form in Acrobat 2017 that is stored on server, if it sits for a long period of time, it does not allow to save it or finish filling out the form.
Is this a behavior with a particular PDF form or with all the PDFs stored on the internal server? Please try with a different PDF form and check.
Also, please try to download the PDF to your computer locally and switch the network to a personal network for testing and then try filling out the PDF form and check for the issue.
Also, please try to repair the installation (Win only) and reboot the computer once . Go to Help > Repair Installation.
If it still doesn't work, please check the network settings and group policy settings at your end.
Hope this information will help
++Adding to the discussion,
What operating system and version is the server?
As noted above unfortunately our outside IT folks are delaying in getting me the information. I am hoping I will be able to get some answers soon on the OS and version of server.
If and when they provide it to me I will post it.
It does not freeze up if I download to my desktop. It is only when being accessed on our server. It is all Fillable PDF's that are stored on the server.
Unfortunately part of the issue is that we have an outside IT team that handles all our needs. So they are telling me it is the program. We have done a full reinstall to make sure all is good, along with updates.
I am being told this is because of an upgrade in March. Even though I know they changed security settings. I was just hoping I would be able to see if this is an issue across the board for other users or if this is an internal issue.
Leaning more towards our internal issue, even though they are telling me that this has been reported by a number of users...that I can't find any where of other complaints.
I have also asked for my serial number for the program and information about our server and they are not providing me information.
Thank you so very much for taking the time!!!