• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Shared Review (Network Folder Distribution)

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF in Acrobat Pro DC.

I am attempting to send the document for a shared collaborative review. I select Send for Shared Commenting and My Network Folder (send as a link) as below:

I then follow the procedure to add users and invite via email. IT has confirmed that all participants of the review have full access to the network folder specified. My participants can open and comment on the PDF, but they cannot publish their comments. When they attempt to connect and publish they generate the following errors:

I have contacted Adobe via Chat and email but received zero support. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Hello SolacePower,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error in Shared Review using the Network Folder Distribution, Is that correct?

Please check and ask the users for any pending updates of Acrobat or Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Have you tried a different location once, and see if that throws the same error?

You can also refer and try the suggestio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SolacePower,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error in Shared Review using the Network Folder Distribution, Is that correct?

Please check and ask the users for any pending updates of Acrobat or Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Have you tried a different location once, and see if that throws the same error?

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe discussions Using Shared Review via Network Folder on Windows server and PC and Mac users commenting

No shared review access offsite

Is it possible to ask the users to connect the machine to a different network environment like a guest wired or wireless network or a mobile hotspot and then check?

What is the dot version of Acrobat or Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is Acrobat or the freeware is brings used for the shared review?

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of operating system installed?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible answer. This is obviously a widespread issue since I've seen many threads about this issue and all of the company answers tip-toe around the issue. Can we get one solid solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, my company has problems with this functionality. That these problems have not gone away after so many years is disappointing. Now that we have to work from home, we need a tool that doesn't have these problems. I wonder why earlier versions were better. Adobe is becoming the new McAffee. Software that just wants subscriptions, your money, it does things you do not ask, and it's impossible to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines