• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message 205 Acrobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I am beyond frustrated!  I have installed,uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC 4 times now.  Each time, I get the "Installation Successful" message, but when the program opens, I get a message saying that Acrobat DC cannot open at this time, check support for Error Code 205.  But everything I have found about Error Code 205 pertains to installation, not using - and the installation SAYS its successful.  There are actually several programs that I am getting this message on when I try to utilize them - I do not understand what is going on.  I had no problem installing it on my laptop, but I desperately need it on my desk top.  Please help! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

You may need to employ the Acrobat cleaner and repair tool before you reinstall.

Also, you've mentioned that this error message appears with other programs. Are these other programs Adobe programs?

If yes, you may also need to uninstall and use the creative cloud cleanup tool. It seems as if you're installing Acribat Pro using thr CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to employ the Acrobat cleaner and repair tool before you reinstall.

Also, you've mentioned that this error message appears with other programs. Are these other programs Adobe programs?

If yes, you may also need to uninstall and use the creative cloud cleanup tool. It seems as if you're installing Acribat Pro using thr CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there were several other programs in the CS that also gave me the same message, I need to go back and reopen them all to determine which are giving me problems.  I want to think one of them was Prelude.  I will recheck them and let you know.  Where do I find the Acrobat cleaner and repair tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Let me give them a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting a P205 failed install at 0.6% for Acrobat DC Pro. I've tried at least 6 times today, under different users and after reboots, etc. It is a brand new Dell Precision 3440 Windows 10 Pro workstation out of the box. 

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++EDITED REPLY, fixed typos

Would you mind sharing a mini dump?

Just going by the 205 error could be many things.

If we can't spot the root of the issue, uninstalling and reinstalling won't serve any purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, forgive me for my ignorance, but I have no idea what a mini dump is or where to access it?  I'll share anything I can if it will help, just tell me where to look!!  Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a complete article from Micrososft Support on how to prepare and analyze small memory dumps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/315263/how-to-read-the-small-memory-dump-file-that-is-creat... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines