Highlighted

Error Message in Acrobat DC Pro when trying to redact

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a user who is getting the following error message when trying to redact, "The document could not be sanitized because of errors during the sanitization process".

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error Message in Acrobat DC Pro when trying to redact

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a user who is getting the following error message when trying to redact, "The document could not be sanitized because of errors during the sanitization process".

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the PDF documet protected from changes? If so, that's your problem.

The first thing I woud do is to run a PDF syntax check in Preflight. If there is anything wrong with the document, it should report that. If there are no errors, I would try to perform the same steps with a completely different PDF document. If the same error shows up again, there is something wrong with the redaction settings, if it works, then that points again to your document. Unfortunately, there is no easy recipe to fix this problem because it could be caused by a number of different things. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Can you please share some information here:

1. OS details, where you see issue

2. Acrobat build details

3. Is this issue happening with all files, or just this file, if not confidential can you share a sample file where you see this issue?

4. Can you try with sanitization option off in Apply dialog (snapshot below), this should temporarily solve this issue, but your document will not be sanitized. 

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Apply.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0