Highlighted

Error message in FireFox

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a PDF in FireFox, I get an error message:  "There was an error opening this document. This file is already open or in use by another application."   Then, in order to open the PDF file, I have to go back to FireFox and click the "downloads" button (the down arrow), which I can click on to open the PDF.  It's incredibly annoying that the PDF doesn't just open.  I open dozens of PDF files each day, directly from websites ..... and I have to go through this double process every single time I click open a new PDF.

It never use to be life this, so something has changed.  Is there anyway to fix this???  Thanks!!  Michael

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error message in FireFox

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open a PDF in FireFox, I get an error message:  "There was an error opening this document. This file is already open or in use by another application."   Then, in order to open the PDF file, I have to go back to FireFox and click the "downloads" button (the down arrow), which I can click on to open the PDF.  It's incredibly annoying that the PDF doesn't just open.  I open dozens of PDF files each day, directly from websites ..... and I have to go through this double process every single time I click open a new PDF.

It never use to be life this, so something has changed.  Is there anyway to fix this???  Thanks!!  Michael

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox uses an internal PDF plugin, unrelated to Adobe. Issues with it should be reported to the developers of the browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0