• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message "Redact, Sanitize and Remove Hidden Information are not supported for this file"

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been getting error message "Redact, Sanitize and Remove Hidden Information are not supported for this file" on some (but not all) documents while using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 19.021.20049.27333). Others in my team have different versions of Adobe Acrobat; they can redact the documents I get this error message with, just not me. 

Has anybody else found this please, and know how it can be fixed? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error  'Redact, Sanitize and Remove Hidden Information are not supported for this file'

Please share the screenshot of the error messgae for a better understanding.

As we can see you are using quite an old version of Adobe Acrobat DC v19.21.20049 that was released 24th Oct 2019. Please update the application to the new version 20.009.20074 released on 6th July 2020. Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may also download the patch manually using the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and see if that works for you.

As the issue seems to be related to file specific would it be possible to share a sample PDF with us so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end and check it. Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share it with us.

Also, please check the document restriction summary and see if changing the document is allowed.  Open the PDF file > go to File > Properties > Security and check the 'Document restriction summary'

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal

Error message below:

Not supported.PNG

When I click on "Learn More" it goes to this page:

helpx adobe com.PNG

I'll get in touch with our helpdesk and ask for the newer version.

I'm afraid I can't share an example file with you sorry. The issue occurs when I download documents from a website (but only sometimes). The documents are originally uploaded as word documents; sometimes I can redact them after downloading, sometimes I can't. For my job, I need to redact the versions that have been downloaded from this site - I can't use the original word versions & convert them that way. A watermark is added during the downloading that needs to be retained.

Screenshot of Document restriction summary below:

Document restriction summary.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the Description tab too, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this issue by converting the pages of my PDF to JPEGs and then converting them back to PDF using Adobe. After re-converting to PDF, the document was redactable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines