• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message "We weren't able to sync your action. Please try again."

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message everytime I resolve a comment on a PDF. 

"We weren't able to sync your action. Please try again."

It's terrible, and annoying and slowing me down. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same message. I am connected to the internet. 

I'm running the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC on macOS Catalina 10.15.3. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markretzloff,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

We are looking into the issue. This issue occurs only when we try to resolve someone else’s comment which has a mention in the main comment body.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error message when resolving a comment someone else has left, however it's inconsistent when it happens. The same person can leave another comment and I can resolve it with no error. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern of what kind of comment they left (strikethrough text, comment box, highlight, etc.). It happens with many different documents with different commenters.

Mac Mojave, 10.14.6 | Acrobat Pro verson 2020.012.20043

However, I have not seen this error happen when I'm working on a client's PC (Surface Pro) using their computer and their Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markretzloff and eleighb,

The issue has been fixed now from service side.

Could you please check and confirm? Actually, you do not need to update Acrobat or anything to verify the fix as it was a service issue.

Earlier the error used to occur only in a specific scenario: when you try to resolve a comment which has a mention in the main comment thread.

All other cases were working fine earlier as well. Now you should not get any error while resolving any comment.

I hope it helps. Please let me know in case you face any issue.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Arvind!

So far it seems fixed for me. I haven't had the error message pop up on the two different documents I worked with yesterday and today. I'll keep an eye out for the issue over the next week or so and will come back to this thread if the error message pops up again. If you don't hear from me by October, it's probably safe to say this is solved. Thanks again!

Erica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

Uhoh. It happened for me just now. 😞

This was for a completely new comment, not associated or linked to any other comments. Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 11.30.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eleighb,
Apologies for the inconvenience caused!
We checked this and found that now error occurs in one scenario only: when someone mentions a reviewer from a Web browser and when the reviewer tries to resolve the comment from Acrobat desktop, error occurs.
The comment you have shown also seems to have synced from web and which also has a mention in the main thread. The error does not depend on whether the comment has reply or not. Now we are able to reproduce the issue in this scenario only. We are working on this, will update you on this.
Please let me know if you get the error in other cases as well.

Regards,
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Arvind! Yes, your description of the scenario this happened to me is exactly what happened. Thanks for continuing to work on this issue and keeping us posted of progress. 

Erica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erica,
The remaining issue has been fixed now. We have checked and it is working now at our end.
Could you please check and let us know if it works at your end as well?
Thanks for your continued support!

Regards,
Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arvind.

I have this is exact problem as well. Would you be able to help?

Kind regards,

Zille

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines