• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening PDF files saved in dropbox

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open new PDF files saved in my team folder on dropbox through my dropbox folder on my desktop.  They can be opened online through Dropbox. 

So dropbox is saying it is an adobe problem. I have creative cloud including adobe. It is logged in and downloaded on my computer.

I can open files through adobe and have linked my dropbox account.  But if I want to upload a file or attach it to an email, I have to save it to my desktop first.

When I try to open from my dropbox folder on my desktop, the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC error message is: There was an error opening this document.  The file cannot be accessed by the system.

This used to not be a problem and I could easily open all files. Please help.

Thanks!

Laura 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Laura,

I can't open new PDF files saved in my team folder on Dropbox through my Dropbox folder on my desktop.  They can be opened online through Dropbox.

Except your Team's shared folder on Dropbox, how about the other files in Dropbox can't you open them either? If its just that particular folder that's uploaded to the Dropbox and not opening through the Dropbox folder added to Acrobat then there is some issue with the folder itself. It could be the settings applied to it.

Try these steps-

1- Check with other files than this particular folder.

2- For testing, disable Security (Enhanced) under Sandbox Protection. Navigate to:

Edit” > “Preferences“>Select “Security (Enhanced)” on the left pane> Uncheck the “Enable Enhanced Security” and "Protected View" box.

Select “Yes” to the prompt about being sure about making this change.

Click “OK“.

3- Delete Dropbox account following the steps Access your Dropbox files in Acrobat/Reader and re-enable it.

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines