• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening URL to submit this form

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm trying to create an internal referral form and am hitting a wall. Ideally when a user clicks the submit form button, the PDF is sent to a directory on a network share that everyone has access to BUT when I click on the button, I get "Error opening URL to submit this form". Here are my settings for the Submit Form selections, what am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat submit is exactly the same as a Web form submit. It sends an HTTP Post to a web server.  It does not write the file to a folder.

You could write a server script to receive the submit save the file on the shared drive. Or you could use a different technique.

Here's an article on saving a PDF from a script.

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-save-pdf-acrobat-javascript

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you're saying but according to this article Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat  I should be able to save to a local share ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same Error.  Trying to submit to a server folder.  Follwed the articles instructions.  Any resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So that article does not say that you can write to a local folder. Local folder access from an un-trusted script in a PDF is totally restricted for all operations. But the submit form operation is also restricted. There are only two options for a submit, HTTP Get and HTTP Post.  Neither of these will automatically cause server to write a file to a location. For that you need an HTTP PUT, which is not an option.

There are two options for writing the file to a server (not local) file folder. 

1) Write a server script to receive a Post from the PDF and write the file

2) Use the "doc.saveAs" to write the a WebDav folder. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines