• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Placing Image. From the Touch Up Object Tool, Insert Image, select a jpeg file (or any other picture file), and get error "Incorrect PDE Object type".

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Placing Image. Selecting Touch Up Object Tool, Right clicking and selecting Insert Image, select a jpeg file (or any other picture file), and get error "Incorrect PDE Object type".

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 with Windows 8.1. I can't even insert an image created in Photoshop Essentials.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely it is the PDF itself (not the image). Does it happen with newly made PDFs or PDFs downloaded from the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it on a newly created blank white PDF page made on Acrobat Pro 9, plus on a scanned PDF page, plus on a downloaded PDF document. I can't place any pic file on these and get the same error quoted above.

It does work to save the picture as a stamp and then stamp the document, but I need more than this.

Thanks for your help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I've tried the same and there was no problem. Has it ever worked for you (did it stop working?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of picture file is it? You may need to convert to a different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from an old Dell laptop  to a new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Placing images worked fine on the old Dell using exactly the same Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. I have just tried it with JPG, PNG and BMP files and used to have no problems with placing any of these on PDF documents on the old laptop.

I have also just selected Photoshop to edit picture files in Acrobat Pro 9. ie: Edit, preferences, touch up, Image and object editors, Photoshop Elements 12.0. exe.

It has not fixed the problem.

Thank you for any feedback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to solve this? I'm having the same problem though this used to work (and I used it all the time). Seems like either the latest update from adobe or one of the latest updates from MS screwed this up. Hey all you MVPs, it's been over 2 months. How about a little help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have just transferred My Acrobat 9 Pro software to a new PC and was working quite happily with it last week, but have opened the same files today and am getting the same message "Incorrect PDE Object type" when attempting to copy etc. I have tried opening older files to see if its something to do with these new files but the same issue occurs.  

If no answer is available through this forum how does someone contact Adobe directly to get an answer as as first glance I cannot see a direct help link?

Any help would be appreciated as this is causing me a lot of grief

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you contact Adobe they will tell you that Acrobat 9 is end-of-life (out of support).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand if the package is "out of support" but this does not explain why this error message should have started now, unless this is Adobe's way of forcing legitimate purchasers of their products to buy a newer version!

Without a concrete answers who is to say that if I renew I will not get the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't explain it, but I was trying to point out that out of support means what it says: they won't look at your problem. Here in the forum we might try to help, but we aren't working for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand you are not working for Adobe and appreciate any help I can get, sorry if my frustration implied I had an issue with your input. Unfortunately it still does not answer my main query though, and that is why this should now be happening. I guess I am concerned it may be conflicting with something else on my new pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't understand what you mean by "renew" in connection with Acrobat 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was referring to upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. It could be worth trying the 30 day trial of Acrobat 11 (XI). Be warned that it will probably uninstall Acrobat 9. Best to deactivate it first, and make sure you have the serial of Acrobat 9. If it was an upgrade, be just as sure you have the previous product serial too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks, will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it.

In my case, the image i was using contained spaces in the naming. I renamed the image file so that it does not contain any special characters and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you. This also worked for me. After all these years not knowing! 😛

Jose - 22 Nov 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing happened to me to insert images and tried how you said, changing the name of the file without spaces and it worked for me.
So that could be a solution to the subject of images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I use CS4 on Windows 7, on my MAC using parallels, and I don't have a problem placing images.

But when I switched to my PC, which is running the same suite under Win 8.1, I had the same error listed above, on some images, but not all. It drove me crazy for a while. What worked for me was to preflight the pdf document prior to doing any image placements. (Preflight is one of the options on the "Advanced" menu tab)

I think its a compatibility issue between versions of the pdf document and my pdf suite (CS4, Acrobat 9).

Hope that it works for the people reading this forum.

NL

===

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an easier solution. I don't know if it will be useful if you are intending to do a pdf from scratch. I use this solution to change a horrible drawing in an old pdf to a new and better drawing.

I opened my pdf in Acrobat. I right clicked on my mouse anywhere and I've chosen Edit page... Next step is to right click in the image I wanted to replace and chose Edit image.. It will open the old picture in the default program you have previously selected in Preferences (Choose Page/Object Editor). In my case it was photoshop. Now you need just to paste a new image and save in photoshop. When you return to your pdf the new figure (drawing or picture) will be there. I am using Adobe acrobat 9 pro, photoshop cs5 in windows 8.1. I hope it will help you and others.

MACM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ian

Kindly i think this will solve your problem

In the file you have a problem, go to Documents>Examine document Then remove .

Then select the touchUP Object tool and right click and press place image. it will work.

Be ware before doing these steps to print the infected pdf file as pdf and save it with a different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way to solve it !

Edit > préférences > page display - Under résolution just click "Use system settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous post worked for me too Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... but later on a comment summary file, it didn't work. I put the picture on a Button as an icon instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines