• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Placing Image. From the Touch Up Object Tool, Insert Image, select a jpeg file (or any other picture file), and get error "Incorrect PDE Object type".

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Placing Image. Selecting Touch Up Object Tool, Right clicking and selecting Insert Image, select a jpeg file (or any other picture file), and get error "Incorrect PDE Object type".

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 with Windows 8.1. I can't even insert an image created in Photoshop Essentials.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By making a button above that is the clue to needing a correct lower  file size.

What worked for me was to resize the image to 22kb by using Paint 3D and sized the canvas to 25%.  The image then placed without the error message. Touchup object tool.

I did try the above mentioned items, screen resolution and to examine the document with remove,  to no avail however if the above doesn't work you may need to do the above mentioned also. 

Cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NONE of the above work for me now, even snips from existing pdfs, small jpgs. Most give the error message, others just don't paste, or screw the file.

Buttons are not ideal when it comes to printing what you want.

Doesn't seem to like WIndiws 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image that I need to place on my PDF file need to match with the DPI quality, eg. if the Adobe DPI setting at 96dpi, the image also need to be resized to 96dpi too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have initiated a command by right clicking 'edit image', then placing an image won't work as the previous command is still in progress.

First save your file and repeat 'place image...'.

If that doesn't work close the file, reopen and first thing place the image.

Many image formats and resolutions are supported.

Please let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have followed the forum. I have used Adobe extensively for my work for many years. I had my work PC updated and also purchased a new laptop for myself. Since then the issue started. I use Pro 9. In the end, I purchased Foxit Phantom PDF as I could not continue figuring out how to get around what use to be a very simple task. I refuse to sign up for a subscription service. This was what solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKSSSSS!!! It works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues with the same version of both Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows 10.  Finally got it to work, and I'm not sure why only this specific way worked for me, but cropping the image I wanted to copy over the pdf using the snipping tool, saving it as a .png, then going through with the touch-up object -> place image. 

No other combinations of actions work until this one, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that works for me (Acrobat 9 with Windows 10) is a combination of 2 answers above. First, make sure to save the object/image as PNG (not JPG, BMP, etc.). Second, under Edit > Preferences > page display - Under resolution just click "Use system settings" (but note if your page resolution was different than the default, it may be changed by this step). But now when you do Place Image, it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been awhile since anyone posted here, but I found a different solution that worked for me.  Save the problem file as an "optimized" PDF.  File, Save As, Save as type:  Adobe PDF files, Optimized.  I tried this on several problem files and the optimized version allowed me to copy/cut with no error messages.  Hope this helps some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai essayé toutes les solutions proposées ci-dessus : cela a fonctionné quelque fois, mais pas tout le temps. La seule façon de faire pour avoir un résultat correct de façon systématique est d'utiliser Acrobat 9 avec Windows 7 ; pour ceux qui ont Windows 10, il faut installer un ordinateur virtuel sous Windows 7 !

Translation  : I've tried all the solutions proposed above : it worked a few times, but not all the time. The only way to get a correct result systematically is to use Acrobat 9 with Windows 7 ; for those who have Windows 10, you need to install a virtual computer on Windows 7 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue in Acrobat Pro 9.5.5 on Windows 10, previously all worked flawlessly on W7.
Tried all the spells with Tools > Advanced Editing > TouchUp ObjectTool but to no avail.
Here's what worked for me, generally go for "stamps".

Step 1.

Tools>Comment & Markup>Stamps>Create Custom Stamp...
select your .png in Browse... Ok
in next window choose category (I used dynamic), name as-is "New Stamp", Ok

Step 2.

Tools>Comment & Markup>Stamps>Dynamic, select your "New Stamp"

place your bitmap on your pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... I tried all other suggestions and this is the only thing that actually worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "stamp" solution was the only one that worked for me on Windows 10 and Adobe PRO 9. I continued to get the "Incorrect PDE Object type" error when I tried the other suggestions. 

Thank you, ChrisPL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines