Error Reading stream

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I scan a document to my laptop, and then upload it to drop box, when my boss tries to open it, he will get a message pop up that says "error reading stream" and the bottom third of the document will be cut off.  It's not a scanner issue, the documents scan and upload to drop box fine, and I have no issues viewing the files.  Its just when my boss goes to view these files he gets this error.  I can then go on to drop box, print the document as a PDF, save to my hard drive, and email to my boss, and he has no issues opening and viewing.  Ive talked to HP support, I've talked to drop box support.  They both say the issue isn't on my end but rather my bosses.  Im new to the office, and this problem never happened before I started working here.  any thoughts or suggestions on what may be causing this issue or how to fix it?

For reference, I use a Chromebook, and he uses a Windows OS.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Verify which program is your boss using to open and view PDFs with.

Encourage users to download amd install Reader DC for best results. Sometimes users try to do everything through a web browser, which in many occasions these browsers doesn't  render PDFs correctly.

If your boss is already using Adobe Reader DC, then check if that version needs to be repaired or updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines