• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error sending mail

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using acrobat 2020 pro I try to send a pdf per mail. I configured imap and smtp exactely the same way I had in thunderbird. But I allways get an error message "error while creating mail". Thats akk. I also tried several different pdfs. Exacetly the same. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for sharing the error message.

As per the description, all the required settings are at its place. So, we'll be trying a the further troubleshooting steps.

we'd request you to try the suggestion given in a similar community discussion and let us know if that helps:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/an-error-occurred-while-trying-to-create-a-mail-docume...  

If it doesn't, then help us with-

1- Exact version of Acrobat you are working with.

2- MS Office version. (Check if there's any pending Windows update)

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akanchha,

sorry for my late answer. I read your link, but it doesn't work.  When I habe a pdf open and I click on the envelope I can choose "default email application" or "webmail". The former (default) works fine but I want to use different mail addresses so I want to use webmail. But here, every time I get the error "error while creating mail" (I can see the progress but it seems to stop in a "connecting socket" process).

I really don't understand it. I checked my mail settings also I added an account in thounderbird (with the same data and credentials): thunderbird works, adobe acrobat pro 2020 (updated) not.

Here are the settings (thunderbird):

imap.web.de SSL/TLS 993 password, normal, login name
smtp.web.de STARTTLS 587 password, normal, login name

In adobe acrobat pro 2020:

same imap and smtp adresses

imap: SSL (there ist no SSL/TLS option in acrobat), same port, same password, same login name

smtp: TLS (there ist no STARTTLS option in acrobat), same port, same password, same login name

I'm working with the latest adobe acrobat 2020 pro, I habe office 2019 pro with all updates - but I want to send an existing pdf after e.g. commenting it. Then the error comes.

Outlook is installed as default but not uesed at all. I'm using thunderbird.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines