• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to this thread (now marked as resolved)

I am unable to launch Adobe Acrobat DC, all other Adobe apps work fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled without any difference. On first launch, Acrobat will briefly launch and then crash, and the "Adobe Licensing Application" launches the error in the subject line.

I followed the advice in the above-mentioned thread, downloading & replacing the new com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist file but this does not work.

The only thing I have not done is completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud and re-install all apps. Since I can see I am not the only one with this problem, I don't think it requires reinstallation. Using Adobe Cleaner, Acrobat does not show in the list of apps to be cleaned.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

I solved the issue with this document

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#error-opening-acrobat-mac 

and solution with the app AcroNGLEnableTool executed in terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Log Filename: AdobeLogs_20200825_114116_552-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan!

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the logs with us.

Please share the Acrobat and Creative Cloud application version installed on your Mac.

Also, share the the Mac OS version.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Acrobat DC (20.0)

Adobe Creative Cloud 5.2.1.441

Mac OS Catalina | Version 10.15.6 (19G2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. We are looking into this issue and will keep you updated on this.

In the meantime, please would you mind removing the application using the cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and reboot the machine.

Then re-install the application and try the steps suggested in reply 1 on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-sorry-something-went-wrong-please-try-launching-acrobat...

Check if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have already completed uninstalled Creative Cloud and rebooted. I tried to use the Cleaner Tool, but Acrobat does not display in the cleaner tool. So after I uninstalled Creative Cloud, I used the Cleaner Tool to remove EVERYTHING.

I then reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop and Acrobat Pro DC. The same problem persists. I then replaced the .plist file as described in your link, this didn't do anything. The file mentioned above has "DC.PLIST" in the filename whereas the default preference file does NOT have "DC" in the filename. If you leave the file named as-is, Acrobat will just create a new pro.plist file. I renamed the new .plist file to remove DC from the filename but still, no difference. Acrobat launches for about 2 seconds and then crashes with this error.

This is completely stopping my ability to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I am experiencing exactly the same issue and am extremely keen to find a solution as I can't sign documents. Everything else works fine – just Adobe Acrobat DC launches, disappears immediately then presented tihe the Sorry something went wrong dialog from the licenser app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Adobe - please advise a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry for the trouble.

The team is looking into this issue and it will be helpful if you can share the information as asked below for further investigation.

Please collect the logs and share the filename of the log with us.

You can use the Log Collector tool and refer to the steps suggested in the following help document on how to use the tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, share the Creative Cloud,  Acrobat, and OS version on the machine.

Once you share the logs, please uninstall the Acrobat using the cleaner tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) and re-install it. Then try the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-sorry-something-went-wrong-please-try-launching-acrobat... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Acrobat DC launches, disappears immediately then presented tihe the Sorry something went wrong dialog from the licenser app."

SAME problem here, as of today. I'm running Catalina 10.15.6, Creative Cloud 5.2.1. 441, and whatever the latest version of Acrobat DC was (Creative Cloud app will not show me version history and Acrobat wont launch).

I've also tried all the soutions from other threads, with no success. Hoping you can get this resolved asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with the same, Mojave 10.14.6 with CC 5.2.1.441.  Tried uninstalling all CC apps and CC, no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I somehow got mine working again! To the best of my recollection here's what I did...

• I uninstalled all CC apps, then reinstalled CC.  Installed Acrobat DC again but got the same message when attempting to open.
  • Then I used https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html to remove my latest install of Acrobat (ignore the warnings about not to use with Creative Suite). 
  • After this it was still showing up in my CC app. 
  • I restarted my computer. 
  • Then reinstalled Acrobat from CC.
  • It works!

I think I deleted some Adobe preferences from ~/Library/Preferences at some point, following instructions from one of the many threads I found on this issue.  But I don't remember exactly what they were. 

Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this error too, it started when I signed out of the app. Ever since it won't open. Have also tried all the steps listed in the responses. Please can this be looked into? I can use the web version but that is very time-consuming. All other adobe apps work as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the issue with this document

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#error-opening-acrobat-mac 

and solution with the app AcroNGLEnableTool executed in terminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines