• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC stopped working. Every time I try to open it, I get an error message saying "sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps and creative cloud itself and updated my Mac OS, all to no avail. I also contacted my administrator and we tried using the Adobe cleaner and that didn't help either. I have been unable to open the application at all.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per your description, the error message appears when you try to launch the application on your Mac. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested below:

On your machine, go to [system]/Library/Preferences 

Look for 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' and move this file to the desktop. 

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1c89d05b9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021
Hi and thanks for helping,

I called adobe support and the problem is resolved. From my understanding there were traces of my previous purchased 2017 version in my system.

Thank you again,
Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per your description, the error message appears when you try to launch the application on your Mac. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested below:

On your machine, go to [system]/Library/Preferences 

Look for 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' and move this file to the desktop. 

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1...

Then place this new file to the [system]/Library/Preferences 

Now launch the Acrobat application.

Hope it resolves the issue.

Let us know if you need any help or experience any issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am having the same problem, but this solution did not work for me. I am using Adobe Creative Cloud through work, and all of the other Adobe apps are working well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, but the same error message keeps occurring. 

Thank you for any help you can give me!

All best wishes,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem and this solution also did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew and Nichole!

Thank you for reaching out!

As the steps suggested above doesn't help, please collect the logs and share the file with us.

You can use the Log Collector tool and refer to the steps suggested in the following help document on how to use the tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, share the Acrobat and OS version on the machine.

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Meenakshi! I have uploaded the logs:

File: AdobeLogs_20200825_114139_225-mac.zip

I am running Adobe Acrobat Version 20.012.20043. My Mac is running High Sierra Version 10.13.3. 

Thanks for your help!

All the best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you Meenakshi!

Adobe version: 20.012.20043

Mac: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G14019)

Log file: AdobeLogs_20200825_122038_072-mac.zxp

Nichole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction on the zip file name: AdobeLogs_20200825_122038_072-mac.zip

Nichole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for working on this. I have tried all the steps listed an dhave not had any success. Has there been any updates on this?

2017 iMac: Catalina 10.1507

Acrobat Version: 20.012.20048

Log File:  AdobeLogs_20201029_130930_651-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details and log files. We are looking into this issue.

In the meantime, please try once to remove the application using the cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and reboot the machine.

Then re-install the application and try the steps suggested in reply 1.

Check if that helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for working on this, Meenakshi! I just removed Creative Cloud with the cleaner tool, did a reboot, reinstalled Creative Cloud and Acrobat, and folowed the solution in reply 1, and I'm afraid it still has the same problem. Thanks for continuing to try to find a solution: I'm sorry that it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started having this probem in the last week, and the above fix did not work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm running a brand new MacBook Air, MacOS Big Sur v11.1. Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow, this worked! I've been having this issue forever and this is the only solution that worked for me. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for Windows.  I don't have a Mac OS.  When I tried to download the pclist.  I received this error.

Souris241899398jgz_0-1651012141427.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having tried removing all Adobe related apps and preference files and reinstalling CreativeCloud without any luck I was happy to find this solution and now Acrobat is opening up and seems to be working as it should. Just a note to other users, I first made the mistake of moving the file provided by Meenakshi into the Preferences folder for my user account and not the Preferences folder for the system library. When I put it in the correct folder the issue was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem and have been unable to use my Adobe Acrobat for weeks. I tried these steps and it works now! Thank you, Meenakshi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same exact problem yesterday.  Thank you for the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these steps and it worked for me. I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.1, Macbook Pro mid-2015 version. I uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat to get the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to have the link for the updated plist file as the link in this posting doesn't take me to anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I happened to find this thread while searching for solution to my issue, which is basically the same but my system is Windows. The error pops when launching Adobe Pro DC and closes the app out once I click on the Dismiss button. this was upgraded from a previous version. I guess it should start the Adobe sign-in dialog, but this does not happen.

Thanks for sharing if you have any ideas...

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been exeriencing the same issue for a week (since updating to macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7). I do not have the file 'com.adobe.acrobat.pre.plist' in "Preferences". I only have 'com.adobe.acrobat.DC.WEbResource.plist' and 'com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewer.plist',

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I have the same in my preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I didn't delete anything and just added the new plist and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but I'm using Windows 10 and Acrobat 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am as well and can't seem to fix this.  Did anyone get resolution on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines