• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC stopped working. Every time I try to open it, I get an error message saying "sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps and creative cloud itself and updated my Mac OS, all to no avail. I also contacted my administrator and we tried using the Adobe cleaner and that didn't help either. I have been unable to open the application at all.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per your description, the error message appears when you try to launch the application on your Mac. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested below:

On your machine, go to [system]/Library/Preferences 

Look for 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' and move this file to the desktop. 

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1c89d05b9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021
Hi and thanks for helping,

I called adobe support and the problem is resolved. From my understanding there were traces of my previous purchased 2017 version in my system.

Thank you again,
Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue? If yes, would you mind sharing more details about the issue?

1. Acrobat version you are using.

2. OS on the machine.

3. Share the screenshot of the error message.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Please try the troubleshooting steps as suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-verify-your-subscription-status.html 

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for helping,

I called adobe support and the problem is resolved. From my understanding there were traces of my previous purchased 2017 version in my system.

Thank you again,
Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MeenakshiNegi,

I've tried replacing 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' and following those directions provided as the correct answer. However, I'm still seeing the same error.

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Adobe version is the latest one from Adobe.com Creative Cloud.

I can't seem to upload the zip or zxp file. Please advice on how to attach the logs.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakski: Some good news: I was having the same problem recently on 2017 MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6 (from Creative Cloud with a Named User (Subscription) License). When I looked for com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist in [system]/Library/Preferences, there was no file there. I downloaded the file you linked to, and put it in the [system]/Library/Preferences directory, and now the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is working and I don't get the "Sorry, Something Went Wrong" pop-up that I always got before. Hope this helps others....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my issue but the problematic plist file that needs to be replaced was in the Library - Preferences folder. Not the System - Library - Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It works, problem resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi,

I have just renewed and paid my Adobe Creative Cloud membership, and all Apps are working again, except Adobe Acrobat DC. I downloaded the com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist and placed it on my computer (and removed the old plist). Unfortunately, I still get an Sorry, something went wrong warning.
I have a MacBook Pro and I'm running McOS Mojave, 10.14.06.
Any clue what I can do? I am rather hesitant to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, since I'm not sure how that will affect all my other Adobe Apps, like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. And ideas what I can do to fix this problem?
All the best, Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

Hopefully you resolved this by now, but just in case you haven't wanted to let you know what worked for me.

I didn't find the .plist named 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' file in System>Library>Preferences as recommended, but rather I found a file called 'com.adobe.acrobat.DC.WebResource.plist' and it was located in Library>Preferences on my computer.  I removed that and downloaded the 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file and it does work for me.  I didn't use the CC Cleaner either.  Hope you were able to resolve your issue.

Best,

~michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue when opening on my Windows PC. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator. All other apps are workin;

company licence.
I have the exact same issue when opening Acrobat DC on my Macbook Pro 13" 2018.
1) Updated the OS to Big Sur hoping to be able to open Acrobat DC. Nope.

2) Reinstalled several times, threw away every file with Acrobat mentioned in its name.

3) Adobe cleaner, app cleaners. 
4) I downloaded the com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist and placed it on my computer (and removed the old plist). Unfortunately, I still get an Sorry, something went wrong warning.

5) ICT helpdesk of our company tried a their best, no solution

It just happened a few weeks ago. 
What can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now.
I deleted 2 files from the preferences folder 

• com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist
  • com.adobe.acrobat.DC.WebResource.plist

I downloaded and added com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist
found in above correct answer from MeenakshiNeegri

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1...

Now it is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

Your original answer to the first question solved my same problem. Thank you so much.

Carla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this error on a Windows 10 computer when trying to install Acrobat 2020. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I have tried rebooting at every step (after uninstall, after reinstall), no success. I tried the adobe acro cleaner several times now and then trying to reinstall. Nothing works. I have read every post that I could find on the topic. I have WASTED 3 hours on this now and I am very frustrated. It should not be that hard to install a software that I paid a lot of money for. Please give me a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally resolved the issue. Figured it out on  my own. I turned off Windows Defender Firewall before attempting to open Acrobat the first time after the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 10... I don't know what to do. Version 2020.001.30020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 10 too. Can somebody help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following helped me:

- browse to the location: [System Drive]:\ProgramData\Adobe
- Rename the 'SLStore' folder to 'SLStore_old'
- browse to the location: [System Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
- Rename the 'SLCache' folder to 'SLCach_old'
Then try to launch the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. I finally could sign in yesterday evening. I uninstalled all Adobe programs and turned off Windows Defender Firewall and antivirus (Avast) as well as recommended by defaultforr6saw2ndz. Then I tried to sign in several times and after wasting a day of trouble I got my success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear,

i recieve notifications for failed payment. of course it is cause i am no more interested by adobe. you may notice that i didn't use it - or few - last year. So, i must delete these paiements and brlieve that i am very sorry.

XEROX

znlatif@yahoo.ca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and this happened to me too. Product in question is Adobe Acrobat 2020 Professional.

Managed to get it resolved by reaching out to Adobe Support (Chat) and granting them remote access to my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having this problem. I bought a new Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020. I had the previous version before (Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017) which I first uninstalled from the computer. After uninstall, I restarted the computer, downloaded the new verion (2020) and installed it. Now, when I am trying to start the application, this "Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator" message appears.

I have tried sign out and sign in multiple times. I also tried to unistall the whole software and used the AcroCleaner also. Nothing helps.

The software says, that the trial has expired and I should buy a new software. Once there was an activation link and the title there was "Adobe Acrobat 2017". So is there still some traces from the previous version (2017) on my computer even though I have unistalled it? How can I delete those?

Do you have any advices? The OS of the computer is Windows 10 Pro. It was quite an expensve software, so it would be nice to get it work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try what I wrote on Jul 19th?

"The following helped me:

- browse to the location: [System Drive]:\ProgramData\Adobe
- Rename the 'SLStore' folder to 'SLStore_old'
- browse to the location: [System Drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
- Rename the 'SLCache' folder to 'SLCach_old'
Then try to launch the program"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call customer support. They fixed the issue for me after I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

and thank you for your responses @johannar19886719  and @default9x9g1ndz4gfh!

I made the things as you said @johannar19886719 , but it didn't help first. Actually the whole program didn't open after rename of the folders. BUT, after that, once again, I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program. After this the program started working and licensing was correct. So the solution was in these two folders.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines