Highlighted

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC stopped working. Every time I try to open it, I get an error message saying "sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps and creative cloud itself and updated my Mac OS, all to no avail. I also contacted my administrator and we tried using the Adobe cleaner and that didn't help either. I have been unable to open the application at all.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per your description, the error message appears when you try to launch the application on your Mac. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested below:

On your machine, go to [system]/Library/Preferences 

Look for 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist' and move this file to the desktop. 

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1c89d05b9

Then place this new file to the [system]/Library/Preferences 

Now launch the Acrobat application.

Hope it resolves the issue.

Let us know if you need any help or experience any issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator.

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC stopped working. Every time I try to open it, I get an error message saying "sorry something went wrong. Please try launching Acrobat first or contact your administrator". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all apps and creative cloud itself and updated my Mac OS, all to no avail. I also contacted my administrator and we tried using the Adobe cleaner and that didn't help either. I have been unable to open the application at all.

Hi there,

As per your description, the error message appears when you try to launch the application on your Mac. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested below:

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1c89d05b9

Thanks,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 6
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Download the new 'com.adobe.acrobat.pro.DC.plist' file from this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A3c25d893-57bd-4166-8e37-10c1...

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am having the same problem, but this solution did not work for me. I am using Adobe Creative Cloud through work, and all of the other Adobe apps are working well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, but the same error message keeps occurring. 

Thank you for any help you can give me!

All best wishes,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem and this solution also did not work for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew and Nichole!

Thank you for reaching out!

As the steps suggested above doesn't help, please collect the logs and share the file with us.

You can use the Log Collector tool and refer to the steps suggested in the following help document on how to use the tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Also, share the Acrobat and OS version on the machine.

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Meenakshi! I have uploaded the logs:

File: AdobeLogs_20200825_114139_225-mac.zip

I am running Adobe Acrobat Version 20.012.20043. My Mac is running High Sierra Version 10.13.3. 

Thanks for your help!

All the best,

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you Meenakshi!

Adobe version: 20.012.20043

Mac: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G14019)

Log file: AdobeLogs_20200825_122038_072-mac.zxp

Nichole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction on the zip file name: AdobeLogs_20200825_122038_072-mac.zip

Nichole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details and log files. We are looking into this issue.

In the meantime, please try once to remove the application using the cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and reboot the machine.

Then re-install the application and try the steps suggested in reply 1.

Check if that helps.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for working on this, Meenakshi! I just removed Creative Cloud with the cleaner tool, did a reboot, reinstalled Creative Cloud and Acrobat, and folowed the solution in reply 1, and I'm afraid it still has the same problem. Thanks for continuing to try to find a solution: I'm sorry that it didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem and have been unable to use my Adobe Acrobat for weeks. I tried these steps and it works now! Thank you, Meenakshi!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same exact problem yesterday.  Thank you for the solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these steps and it worked for me. I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.1, Macbook Pro mid-2015 version. I uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat to get the latest version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to have the link for the updated plist file as the link in this posting doesn't take me to anywhere. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0