Highlighted

Error The document could not be saved

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve the error:

The document could not be saved.  this may be due to insufficient space or an invalid document name.

Often on my desktop.  I've read about corrupted files causing issues, and it doesn't happen everytime, just with some files, but the strange part is I can save the same file on my laptop using Adobe, just not on my desktop.  I have checked my space, there is plenty, and it is not a name issue either.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error The document could not be saved

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve the error:

The document could not be saved.  this may be due to insufficient space or an invalid document name.

Often on my desktop.  I've read about corrupted files causing issues, and it doesn't happen everytime, just with some files, but the strange part is I can save the same file on my laptop using Adobe, just not on my desktop.  I have checked my space, there is plenty, and it is not a name issue either.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both computers using the same operating system, the same Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version with the same preferences settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue exactly same script appears. please somebody help. i downloaded a pdf version book, edit notes and highlighted important things. when i restarted my computer( windows 10 version), i opened my pdf, it can edit text or highlight but cannot save the file , giving same error as mentioned in above post. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind to share an example of one of this files?

Also, what version of Acrobat Pro DC do you have?   (not to be confused with Adobe Reader DC, free PDF viewing version). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0