Highlighted

Error: This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v. 2019.021.20061

As of today, when I try to enhance my scans, I get the error message:  This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

I have no scanner associated with this program.

Tried closing the app and got the same message.

Updated the app; repaired the installation.

Rebooted and still the same message when I try to enhance my scans.

Please help.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error: This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v. 2019.021.20061

As of today, when I try to enhance my scans, I get the error message:  This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

I have no scanner associated with this program.

Tried closing the app and got the same message.

Updated the app; repaired the installation.

Rebooted and still the same message when I try to enhance my scans.

Please help.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2020 2
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can no longer do optimize scanned pages on any PDF files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my Epson Scanner With Adobe Acrobat for years.  Today, I had three of my machines stop working.  They go to page 1 of "optimizing" and stop.  The error message is 

This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.  This can only mean that they made an error in a recent update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem...hopefully an update is released ASAP. I tried enhancing my PDF in Acrobat pro both on a Mac and PC and neither works...get the same error message, "This operation is not allowed since scanning is in progress."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for several days now. It is VERY annoying. Hopefully, they are working on a solution. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the XPS Viewer , which is an Optional Feature you can download in Windows.  I was able to print the PDF document to Microsoft XPS Document Writer, open the file in XPS Viewer (*.oxps or *.xps).  Print the document to Adobe PDF.  I hope this helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0