• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v. 2019.021.20061

As of today, when I try to enhance my scans, I get the error message:  This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.

I have no scanner associated with this program.

Tried closing the app and got the same message.

Updated the app; repaired the installation.

Rebooted and still the same message when I try to enhance my scans.

Please help.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can no longer do optimize scanned pages on any PDF files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using my Epson Scanner With Adobe Acrobat for years.  Today, I had three of my machines stop working.  They go to page 1 of "optimizing" and stop.  The error message is 

This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress.  This can only mean that they made an error in a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem...hopefully an update is released ASAP. I tried enhancing my PDF in Acrobat pro both on a Mac and PC and neither works...get the same error message, "This operation is not allowed since scanning is in progress."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for several days now. It is VERY annoying. Hopefully, they are working on a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the XPS Viewer , which is an Optional Feature you can download in Windows.  I was able to print the PDF document to Microsoft XPS Document Writer, open the file in XPS Viewer (*.oxps or *.xps).  Print the document to Adobe PDF.  I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution!

Tried printing using MS print to pdf (Advanced/print to file) and it works very well too. if you get a bad parameter notification -delete tags and the OCR'd pdf can be saved.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, if it is not resolved I will give up using Acrobat !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my reply from Sep 9, 2020.  It worked for me.  Good Luck!

Using the XPS Viewer , which is an Optional Feature you can download in Windows.  I was able to print the PDF document to Microsoft XPS Document Writer, open the file in XPS Viewer (*.oxps or *.xps).  Print the document to Adobe PDF.  I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started to happen to me the past month or so. I'm guessing because I updated my printer and/or my program? I had to scan using photoshop "from devices." I'm really cranky about acrobat not being able to reset this error. I hope the find a solution to this soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my post from Sep 9, 2020.  It worked for me.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix from sept 9 was to not use adobe.  That is not a fix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem and nothing seems to help other than using the scanner software that came with the machine. I've used Acrobat for a long time...when you bought a license and could use that license forever and have never had this problem. This seems to be an issue that Adobe is ignoring. There is the post below and all Adobe did was point to this article that doesn't help me on a mac. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/this-operation-is-not-allowed-since-scanning-is-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay.

If you are still experiencing this issue please update the application to the recent version 23.08.20555 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://adobe.ly/3uU3HQk, reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://adobe.ly/49WNit5 and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines