• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

errors during installation adobe acrobat DC (Mac)

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Adobe Acrobat DC on my brand new MacBook Pro. It keeps telling me that there was a problem installing. Below is the message I get when I click on more information.

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW006 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 18.9.20044.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_18.009.20044 -----------

ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully.

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1

I downloaded Ps, Ai and Id from creative cloud with no problem but acrobat will not install. I have tried many of the forum fixes that I have read but with no luck. How do I resolve this issue so I can use Acrobat? I can only see pdf's in preview. Please help!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is not helpful. I am on a Mac and this thread addresses windows, also the thread is from 2015. Is there a support phone line I can call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Finder -> Go -> Go to folder and enter /etc/sudoers and push Go button. Highlight the file "sudoers" -> click on "Get Info" -> unlock the padlock at the bottom right, and change permissions to: System: Read & Write;  Wheel: Read Only;  Everyone: Read Only. (My settings were all "Read & Write"). Lock the padlock and close the Info box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a professional graphic designer and teach adobe products at two universities. Despite being able to troubleshoot many, many, software installation issues over the years I CANNOT solve this one. Adobe, please find a solution to this and fix it. I have already being using workarounds avoiding using Acrobat DC—this is ridiculous for paying customers. I also have a new MacBook Pro purchased in December 2017 and operating High Sierra.

Error message....

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW006 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 18.9.20044.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_18.009.20044 -----------

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain, it's been a week of trying to troubleshoot the installation of adobe acrobat dc - without any luck. Ten online support chats with Adobe Help, 5 takeovers of my screen while they mess around for an hour doing everything the previous guy did. Lots of cheery encouragement and "everything will be alright" quips from Team India. Host files have been played with, Adobe Cleaner used 3 times, all other apps and creative cloud deleted and reinstalled (despite all of them working ok). Activity monitor tasks closed down, prefs in all libraries deleted, countless machine restarts - that make the support guy disappear, despite saying he wont - start at the beginning again. Tried reinstalling adobe acrobat dc from the website download page - not creative cloud - no cigar. Uploaded an AdobeLogs file, waited days with no response, online support now telling me to wait another 24 hours and wont help anymore. In the meantime getting emails threatening to close my case if I don't respond within 4 days - like the ball is now somehow now in my court! Have troubleshooted plenty in my 15 years of using Apple and Adobe products, but this is seriously beyond any frustration I have ever experienced. I found a local telephone number, and lo and behold! it goes to a US call center that was outside business hours!! Local resellers I contacted couldn't give a toss - I was told to cancel with Adobe and re-purchase through them. Anyone starting to feel just a LITTLE peed off here? Any alternatives to adobe out there? Ps. They're happy to debit my account each month and squeal instantly if my card details they have on file change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got the same problem today, all other apps up to date and ok. Went to open Acrobat and it wouldn't open, same error message when I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. Adobe please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read message 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I ran into this same problem today, and there seemed to be no viable solution using the Adobe Creative Cloud installer. However, after some searching, I downloaded and ran the Acrobat Pro installer from here instead: https://cloud.acrobat.com/acrobat

This seems to have worked, and now I can actually open it, which is a big improvement from where I was a couple of hours ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem but it doesn't work either way.

especially when I want to print sth I have the feeling it started after ab update of my Mac 😞

I am already in touch with support but so far no solution has been offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started with Acrobat DC not being able to see Document Cloud files. After 4 hours on the phone with support, and uninstalling DC to fix things... I can no longer reinstall it by any means. This is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. I sent them the analysis from my laptop and the error codes when trying to install.

I think this is a major issue that seems to occur with many. So I would assume/hope they are working on fixing this.

However, quite annoying and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... after many attempts to install yesterday, with the installer freezing up constantly, I decided to let it run and walk away from it last night. This morning, the install was still frozen and I had to restart my Mac... but when I went to open a pdf (assuming it would open in Preview) it opened in DC Pro. Somehow it installed, but my original issue remains (DC doesn't recognize Document Cloud files). Still not an acceptable solution, but at least I can use DC for now.

I'm on High Sierra...not sure if this will help anyone else, but that's my story thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to get the download, but midway through the install 50% it hung and returned an error around "compatibility" and the author needs to update the software.  Really, Adobe you guy are better than this.  I have been dealing with this for over a month, and I'm a Creative Director.  I'm about to question my choices for Creative Cloud. Running HighSierra 10.13.4 // MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the installation file from that link https://cloud.acrobat.com/acrobat​ didn't work for us either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link from tristan worked for me on a fresh install of High Sierra with only Photoshop and Media Encoder installed.

for me, too, the Creative Cloud Installer was failing over and over on a (7).

the cc installer didn't recognize the acrobat DC independent install immediately afterwards, but did on a restart, even so much to recognize that it was "up-to-date", so ... happy so far.

thanks on the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED   I had same problem.  I am on a 2018 MacBook Pro.  I searched for Adobe Acrobat and uninstalled an older version that had been data transferred over to my new MacBook Pro.  I used the Acrobat uninstaller.  Went to Creative Cloud and it downloaded straight away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and installed which works but as before if I open Acrobat Pro I can´t do anything, no printing no using any tool no nothing and I get an error message after a while.

Support hasn´t been very helpful. They answered after one week and sent me several solutions that I don´t really understand and I have the feeling they have nothing to do with the real problem. Or if they do I am not capable of doing this myself. Sorry, I am just a stupid user who has spent many hours by now figuring out what the issue is. I just assume it has to do with the compatability of Apple High Sierra 10.13.4 and the Adobe product. I hope they will figure it out at some point . 😞

So if someone has an idea I would be very grateful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall via the Creative Cloud tool or did you uninstall by finding the uninstaller via "Apps" in finder?
Uninstalling Acrobat DC did nothing for me but when I found the uninstaller and uninstalled it worked to install Acrobat DC successfully, and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started my iMac Pro with the goal of reinstalling everything from scratch i.e. 100% clean install to avoid inevitable left overs if restoring from backup... as per the original post (Jan 11, 2018 6:44 AM) I have the same problem ACROBAT DC will not install:

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 18.11.20055.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_18.011.20055 -----------

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer /tmp/3E48C9A8-3E64-4B96-BF90-320179237B91/Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI/Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed all other required CC Apps e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro etc. etc. Problem is I can't activate on the new system because I need to use Acrobat several times on a daily basis. here I am looking a new iMac Pro in the eye, yet I have to turn to the right to use my soon to be decommissioned 2009 iMac for anything Adobe.

I phoned Adobe Support after 90 mins remote support session no result! In fact, I probably have problems I don't know about yet.

After the support tech uninstalled all CC apps I reminded him of my starting goal i.e., that I wanted to completely clean install without any App leftovers. After running the Adobe CC removal tool the tech guided me through several locations in the Library to delete Adobe items still on my system, even then there were left over Adobe files and folders.

The final straw was when the tech wanted to edit the hosts file of my just out of the box iMac Pro in the hope this might allow Acrobat DC to install. I refused, first because the tech wanted to edit the hosts file using the 'Text Edit' app when this should be done using Terminal, second because no quality software should require going to such lengths to be installed.

I was informed the case would be escalated and a higher level tech would call back with a solution based on the documented case history which I haven't had the opportunity to read, speaking of HAVENT'S I have not received the call back I was promised yesterday for the escalation.

In fact, for the past 75 minutes I have been on the phone support queue, during this I have composed this post, upgraded and installed several software packages including MS Office 365 for Mac (seamlessly).

So here we sit waiting for ADOBE to provide a solution for an 8 month (at least) known issue without a solution.

I have to use Acrobat several times daily, so my only option to keep using my 2009 iMac on which Adobe CC is activated. Not Happy Adobe.

No subscriber should have to spend hours/days on something as fundamental as this i.e., install and App on a 100% clean system.

Hopefully, one day, I will receive a call back because it's clear Adobe is not going to answer my 2nd support call that has now been in the queue for 85 minutes. This is a serious dropping of the ball!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here...

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 18.11.20055.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_18.011.20055 -----------

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer /tmp/DA96AB50-9885-410D-9B49-BA4E27654477/Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI/Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to completely uninstall Adobe Pro DC,empty the trash.  It worked after multiple attempts and restarts.  Also note when I reinstalled and started Acrobat Pro DC my PDFs were not displaying (this is what caused me to uninstall in the first place.  Acrobat was loaded properly (in the menu bar it was properly loaded) but documents were not coming up on the screen.

I finally got the documents to appear by selecting Window and Cascade.  That reset my funky window display issue and now I am back in business.

Not sure this applies to anyone else but I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines