Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EULA.exe is missing; can't open program

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't open Acrobat DC anymore since EULA.exe file is missing. Is there a way someone could upload the file for me so that I can download it and solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message does you get? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Since I assume you are German, you'll understand what the error says.

screen.png

It's basically "EULA.exe couldn't be found" and if I click ok and search for it in the Acrobat folder, it indeed is not there anymore. Therefore, I think I could fix the problem if somebody just sends me the .exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see only a EULA.exe as part of the installation of Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have EULA.exe as part of the Acrobat installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no EULA.exe in your installation folder under "Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Eula.exe"?

Why am I getting this error message when I open up Acrobat DC? What causes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I can open Adobe Acrobat without this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could too before. It only appeared yesterday. And since then I can't open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the Acrobat Installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and it installed some things but still same error.

I will wait until someone else posts a possible solution. Maybe there is something else to do in order to fix it. Thanks for your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, the end user license agreement (EULA) executable is just an acknowledgement for the user who will use Adobe Reader DC.

When you install Adobe Reader DC and open it for the first time, this acknowledgement should pop-up once, the user clicks on "Accept" and it shouldn't bother anymore after acceptance.

The problem seems to be that at one point you might've have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro installed in the same current user account.

Or a particular PDF that you're opening in Acrobat may have malformed data or embedded code that, for some unknown reason, is invoking Adobe Reader DC.

OR, like some other users are reporting, the operating system keeps reverting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader DC, even if it was uninstalled before.

Unfortunately, Both programs (Acrobat and Reader) share some of the same libraries, plugins, system services and collaboration workflow actions. And some of these services  will interact as soon as you open Acrobat or Reader it doesn't matter which. 

The same occurs if you let the operating system handle unsupervised updates or downloads automatically.

What I would do in this case, is to close Acrobat, then download and install the latest release of Adobe Reader so you can see exactly in which folder the EULA executable and all other Reader system files install. Then uninstall it using the appropriate method, not from the Control Panel in the MS Windows settings.

Only the installation package (.msi) for a program (specially in Adobe programs) know how to uninstall themselves.

Using any other uninstall method provided with the operating system may leave behind traces of the software in folders and subfolders unknown to the user.

My second recommendation would be to run the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool:

After you've done this, ensure that you make Adobe Acrobat Pro DC the default PDF viewer/handler in your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the Eula.exe from the Adobe Acrobat you installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this too daily.  Driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and re-installing is a pain. Still no resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is not really an issue (although I may be wrong with this assertion).

In my own painful experience, what I've found is a lack of clear documentation available to the users.

For example, a lot of users (including myself) continue to miss the fact that, when you've installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in the same computer, many libraries and files are shared by both programs in different directories.

You won't be able to resolve this conflict with a simple uninstall/re-install of either software.

You may, however, be able to clean old traces of such files with the Adobe cleaner tool,  then be able to properly execute a clean install.

Moreover,  "Eula.exe"  belongs to Adobe Acrobat Reader not Adobe Acrobat Pro, which is another detail toften overlooked in these Acrobat support forum(s).

Another observation is  if you have an installation of an older version Adobe Acrobat Reader with a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

This  will also cause issues.

Here are some more very important observations:

• if your Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro software was installed installed and uninstalled many times on a Microsoft Windows operating system, then consider using the original Windows Installer Package  (.msi, a.k.a the Micrososft Installer) to perform a manual repair or uninstall.

• Only the original .msi package that was used to install a prior version knows how to uninstall itself and other traces of that software in temporary cache folders, "AppData" roaming user profiles, ystem libraries, shared folders with other Adobe programs (like Creative Cloud), etc.

• Other uninstall methods, like using Control Panel-->>> Add/Remove Programs, for example, won't work.

• If you want to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro DC manually try looking into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Setup Files\".

• In this directory you should see only one registry folder address associated with your version of Acrobat.

• If there are more than one, you may need to access that address folder and find the corresponding "AcroPro.msi" package to remove the conflicting version.

• Double-clicking on that .msi package will execute the installation wizard for that version, which will give you options to manually install/repair/remove.

• Use the same procedure for Adobe Acrobat Reader to find the corresponding .msi, except that, it is important to note that when Adobe Reader installs it copies its folder address to:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Setup Files\",  but leaving an empty registry address folder

• The actual AcroRead.msi package and all of Adobe Reader installation files are found at "C\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Setup" instead.

• Check in that directory if there are more than one registry folder addresses

NOTE : Registry folder addresses appear in between curley braces {}, and is comprised of a combination of alphanumeric characters separated by dashes.

BELOW IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF A REGISTRY FOLDER ADDRESS: 

{AC9FG62-5AB5-2044-AC0H054Z1300}

After many cumulative updates  applied over time in a system, it may be necessary to check if a registry folder address matches with the folder address in other directories.

In particular, it is very important to remind ourselves that Adobe Reader doesn't install its installation programs files in the same directories like Adobe Acrobat Pro does. 

That said, you may want want to do extra home work and must verify if your product(s) folder addressess match.

Such is the case of an incorrect Adobe Reader installation/uninstall or when using the Creative Cloud program to perform insstallations of Adobe programs on top of older installations before removing those first.

So, If the folder address for Adobe Reader doesn't match the same folder address in both of these directories:

• C\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Setup".

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Setup Files\"

you can be sure that a software version conflict will occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent all of the day trying to fix this eula.exe missing issue.  I have tried a number of suggestions on the open internet.  Nothing worked.  Microsoft had hyjacked the default setting for pdf's with microsfot edge.  after I changed the default setting back to Adobe Acrobat DC, this probelm started. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and also use the Edge browser.  I just upgraded to Windows 11 and then this started to happen.   The Eula.exe file can not find error prevents Adobe Acrobat DC from starting.  Windows and Adobe are not playing nice with each other.  We users are the collateral damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone solve the eula.exe problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Click on 'Change' to select default PDF      handler   once the PDF opens select sign in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[link deleted by moderator. Points to an .exe file of an unknown external source.]  you go. You may get  a  blank page, with the accept button greyed out. try pressing tab a few times and then enter and it should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to try [link deleted by moderator. Points to an .exe file of an unknown external source.] portable version, or better yet, go with foxit pdf, doesn't have half the issues of adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same Problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same Problem. 

By @Karsten26049873jmtb

Did you have a look into this answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/eula-exe-is-missing-can-t-open-program/m-p/127793...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines